No announcement yet.

'Exit' bug!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm playing a currently updated (albeit heavily modded) game of MOO3 now and still occasionally get the DirectX bug. I thought they got rid of that. Fortunately its not a game stopper, I can alt-tab out and back in and the screen will refresh.
    "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
    "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
    2004 Presidential Candidate
    2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Vince,

What MOD are you using at the moment, if I may ask? And are you happy with it? I am thinking about incorporating one.

There is a MOD on the Guardian site which is supposed to give the humans better stats. I have written a thread about it 'cos I am looking for advice. How risky do you think it is in principle to employ these MODs and do you have to start a new game to do so? Or can you change mid-game? I would very much appreciate your opinion.

Stormhound talked about amending the race stats spread sheet but where is that? I cant find it on the files on my 'puter and I have looked,

Live long and prosper.

Comment

I had the same prob today with 1.25 strangely enought to only solution i found to exit was too with start a new game, well atleast the other bugs are corrected we can live with taking some more time to exit and take it like this, it might be so you recosider leaving the game and play for another hour :P

Comment

Me Too

I had that bug last night. I found a used copy of the game for only $5 (which says something right there). I installed it and played for a few hours. Around 11:30, I had enough confusion for the night and tried to exit. And I couldn't. I thought maybe I was just befuddled, but it looks like a common enough problem... I alt-tabbed and closed that way. But the New-Game then exit sounds like its a bit cleaner. Thanks for the idea.

Comment

Working...
          X