'Exit' bug!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Exit' bug!

In the 1.25 patched game I had got about 160 turns in when, deciding to call it a day that particular session, I found I couldnt exit! I just couldnt bring up the exit option! In the end, I managed to exit by using the option to start a new game, thereby avoiding just having to switch the computer off, which, as we all know, Microsoft OS doesnt like!

I am really dispirited. Do I risk that again? I like the concept of the game, and I LOVVVE the genre but I am reaching the point now where I am thinking of giving up on it. It is just doesnt seem worth the risking screwing up my Operating System! So I end this thread with an un-Smiley!

Live long and prosper.

Never seen anything like that...it may have something to do with what combination of other stuff you did before starting MOO3. I know that I have a few things on my own computer that run fine by themselves, but do not work and play well with others...
    If I'd known then what I know now, I'd never have done all the stuff that led me to what I know now...

Former member, MOO3 Road Kill...er, Crew

Comment

Always glad to hear from you, pal!

I tell ya, it has really got me depressed!

I Do want to play the game but I dont want to screw up my (Windows 98SE) Operating System! I want to avoid at all costs one of those dreaded 'I wish I hadnt done that moments!' Know what I mean?

There is another thread on this forum in which some poor guy has his mouse freeze up on him!

This has to be the buggiest game I have ever come across but I still want to play it!

Bwaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Maybe the Good Lord is telling me there are more productive ways to spend my few free hours!

Bwaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Live long and prosper!

Comment

You might have spyware on your computer. That was causeing my problem. Alot of companies are putting spyware in their product like the company that make my mouse. I have than dial up internet contection which mean it you are playing than game like MOO3 an the spyware try to go online it can cause problem. It seem like MBA have nothing better to do than spy on they coustmers. I also have ZDZone install on my
        computer along with than anti-spyware program.
        By the year 2100 AD over half of the world population will be follower of Islam.

Comment

Originally posted by CharlesBHoff
          You might have spyware on your computer. That was causeing my problem. Alot of companies are putting spyware in their product like the company that make my mouse. I have than dial up internet contection which mean it you are playing than game like MOO3 an the spyware try to go online it can cause problem. It seem like MBA have nothing better to do than spy on they coustmers. I also have ZDZone install on my
          computer along with than anti-spyware program.
          AdAware and TrackerEraser are also good.
          "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
          "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
          2004 Presidential Candidate
          2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Originally posted by Vince278

AdAware and TrackerEraser are also good.
            I was broot my computer up there was the dialup program up allready waiting for the password to be enter to contect to the internet. All computer programs donot like unexpect programs to reappear. MOO1 and MOO2 program where simple and few compore to MOO3 and other games today. It MOO3 main program is waiting for a subprogram to sent it data and a spyware program knick in can cause MOO3 main program tonot work correctly.. This for newie new to computer.
            By the year 2100 AD over half of the world population will be follower of Islam.

Comment

Sounds like a Trojan or a Worm may be a possibility.
              "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
              "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)

Comment

Are you or your childern downloading muise files online. Our present government is allowing muise companies that hold copyright to make and pull on these download site visres, togan and bomb which can damage your computer. I hear Walter Dinesy is so happy that they found away to make than DVD moive which you buy eseare itshelf after watching it once or twice, MBA(MASTER OF BUSSIENES) are so supid that they donot think that after doing it once that people arenot going to DVD from them anymore. When I buy than book the pub doesnot stop me from reading as many time as I want to, they already make they money.

Comment

What about using Alt+Tab or Ctrl+Esc or the special key on the keyboard that goes to start menu? There are lots of options for getting rid of the game / game process from there that depend on what exactly is your windows version ... you can try with Ctrl+Alt+Delete, and then directly kill it on the older versions, or going to the Task Manager with the new ones ...
                  Against stupidity the very gods themselves contend in vain.

Comment

Turning off the computer is the last thing I would do and only a lamer can think seriously about that :P
                    Against stupidity the very gods themselves contend in vain.

Comment

Originally posted by bakalov
                      Turning off the computer is the last thing I would do and only a lamer can think seriously about that :P
                      I have to do alot as when my computer crash the Ctr-atl-del
                      comb doesnot work at all.

Comment

Sounds like you have other issues as well.

Comment

Well this same exit bug has occured with me only I was about turn 450 and I run XP now, there was only Norton running in the background, managed to Ctrl/alt/delete out of the game, will see what happens tonight !!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

The solution does seem to be to go to NEW GAME , which takes you to the MAIN game option start screen where u can exit.

i have the new patch and winxp and a powerful computer (double speed RAM on a p4 2.4mhz).
                            Sometimes it dosen't let me use the Exit menu button, but it works well under WIN XP, as win xp is better at windows management, and will let you change from MOO3 to other apps quite easily, allowing u to go to shutdown if you wish.

Windows 98 is pretty bad , try using win2000 or xp if u can.
                            win98 couldn't multitask if Bill gates life depended on it.

Comment

Thanks for the advice, Admiral.

Well, as I said, at least I found, by good luck, an option that works, i.e. going to the New Game option. Buying XP just so that I can play MOO3 without that worry seems a bit of a drastic step to take so I continue to take my chances. So far there has been no repetition, (touch a piece of space driftwood!).

Live long and prosper.

Comment

Working...
                              X