Mouse freezeing up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mouse freezeing up!

I have than problem with my mouse freezeing up in the game once than while.
    By the year 2100 AD over half of the world population will be follower of Islam.

Is it just the mouse cursor? How's the keyboard? Does it unfreeze after a while? I'm thinking the program may just be trying to deal with all of the calculations it has to make.

BTW: Are you still playing that super-slow game?
    "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
    "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
    2004 Presidential Candidate
    2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Originally posted by Vince278
      Is it just the mouse cursor? How's the keyboard? Does it unfreeze after a while? I'm thinking the program may just be trying to deal with all of the calculations it has to make.

BTW: Are you still playing that super-slow game?
      The cursor and keyboard just freeze after the mouse does in
      the beginning of the game like some time before the 25th turn it never happen before, I even Fdisk and double format the harddrive and install windowme . I have to buy than opical mouse with than wheel and pointer from Logittech.
      By the year 2100 AD over half of the world population will be follower of Islam.

Comment

hey, that happend to me once or twice too. but never after the code-patch, though, so I just figured it was fixed..
        "Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown." - Darph Bobo

Comment

Re: Mouse freezeing up!

Originally posted by CharlesBHoff
          I have than problem with my mouse freezeing up in the game once than while.
          How much video memory does your system have? Does it meet the minimum listed on the game box?

And if you are running less than 256MB RAM how much free space do you have on your C: drive? (You may be out of swap space)

Comment

The battery on my bios chip is going. When I boot up after haveing my computer off for six hour my systen clock was off by about 6 hour. Once than awhile it doesnot want to boot correctly. My brother said than bios chip with the battery going can cause hardware and software problem. I have 4 meg builtin motherboard intell video card with 256 meg of memory and a 60 gigbtyes harddrive with sightly over 8 gigbytes of space being use. Never have a problem with running MOO3 with patch 1.25 untril about than week an half ago.

Comment

MS said to today they have new patches to correct critical flaws in they programs which can allow someone to take over your computer.

Comment

Sadly, they say that almost every week now.
                "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)

Comment

Originally posted by Vince278
                  Sadly, they say that almost every week now.
                  I love my Amiga 500 computer, it has than fewer problem than MS Window does. MS Dos was better than Windows.
                  They keep adding thing to they OS which donot belong in than OS.

Comment

My Amiga 1200 > your Amiga 500

Are you still playing this Charles?

-Jam
                    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski
                      My Amiga 1200 > your Amiga 500

Are you still playing this Charles?

-Jam
                      Loved my Amiga 2000! Had it running over a year without needing to be reset or power downed before I had to give it up for the improved graphics of the modern PCs.

Comment

The WindowMe operateing system is taken up over 500 megbytes on my harddrive. While my amigra 500 have no harddrive have 1/2 of it OS on the workbench and 1/2 in ROM.

I hear MS is going to put it next Window in the BIOS Chip to lockout all non-MS softwares and hardwares and to screw up
                        people with than screw up OS which would be very hard to upgrade or patch.

Comment

I think I'll try MOO3 again after I get bored with UFO-Aftermath and C3C (Which will be awhile yet).

Comment

I install SpyBot which got rid of spyware and adware from the mouse manufactor and MS. I have ZoneArlarn runing and I caught before ZA and after ZA was running some programs trying to asset the net. It also can be some site that donot like Muslum being on the NET.

Comment

I have just submitted a thread about not being able to exit properly! This game's bugginess, even with 1.25, is really starting to get to me even though I love the concept!

Comment

Working...
                              X