what race are you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vince278
    Aren't Tanari the 3rd Ed. AD&D demons? Nice. I'd go for the Beholders, Illithids, or Elves (ala Spelljammer).
    Interesting Conincidence.

I am just playing Baldurs Gate 2, moe exactly the Quest for the Mage Fortres.
    I am currently at the Abyss and my task is to extract the Heart of such a Tanar-Ri
    (needed as fuel to power he Sphere of Planes )

Of course he doesn´t want to donate us his heat and we have to extract it by force. He is a tough opponent and I have yet to find the right Tactics to kill him without anyone of my Party (around Level 11-12) getting killed (or, much worse, running around in Panik and drawing the Attention of further Tanar-Ri).
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by BenRipped
      I even invited the laddies from Terra's Atari & QSI to one of the BBQs... just to help fan the flames you understand...
      Its good to see those guys fanning the flames (as opposed to flaming the fans )
      "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
      "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
      2004 Presidential Candidate
      2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Of course he doesn´t want to donate us his heat and we have to extract it by force. He is a tough opponent and I have yet to find the right Tactics to kill him without anyone of my Party (around Level 11-12) getting killed (or, much worse, running around in Panik and drawing the Attention of further Tanar-Ri).

Try circling the map, killing off all his minions without drawing his attention. Then move in for the kill. Don't bother with magic as his MR is way high. My paladin killed him almost single-handedly. Just use your potions&scrolls and you'll be fine.
        "Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown." - Darph Bobo

Comment

forgot: originally posted by Proteus_MST.
          sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by bomsh

Try circling the map, killing off all his minions without drawing his attention. Then move in for the kill. Don't bother with magic as his MR is way high. My paladin killed him almost single-handedly. Just use your potions&scrolls and you'll be fine.
            Yep, it´s dificult to wound him with Magic.

But that´s not really the Problem (my Main Character has the Combo Mage/Fighter and so he can fight aswel as cast spells. Just Aerie maybe not so well suited for Combat, although with an AC of -4 can still get involved in Combat end being hard to hit.

Nope, the biggest Problem I have is this damned Mass Hold Person Spell (don´t know, how it is named exactly) this Tanar-Ri always casts. It always takes out half of my Party, especially Fighters like Minsc are affected.
            From my Trials I also know, that minor Globe of Invulnerability and Minor Spel Turning have no Effect on this Spell, so the Spell of the Tanar-Ri seems to be Level 4 or above.
            Any Ideas how I can prevent him from making my best Fighters Immobile?
            (One Idea I have is to use Intelligence-Potions to give ceratin Characters [especially Minsc ] a better Saving Roll against Magic, but I have just 2 of these Potions, so any further Ideas [for example Cleric/Druid Spells] to counter this Hold Person would be welcome)
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Hey, I was successful,
              not only in killing both Tanar-Ris but even in kiling LeaÍ´Iyil.

I just summoned a couple of Animals by using Spells from Aerie and Jaheira and let them serve as a target for the Tanar-Ris Hold-Spells and as a target for his Attacks
              Ater the second Tanar-Ri I just thought, maybe I should attack Lea`Lyil himself (as even some of my summoned animals where still present). So I first approached him and fled as soon as he summoned his Maurezhi, to first kill the Maurezhi one by one (whereby he spend some Hold-Spells on my Character who aproached him)
              And then, before I approached Lea´Lyil himself I summoned an Earth Elementary to help in Combat (the animals where already dead t this time or the Duration of their Summone-Spels ended).
              It was the best thing I could do. Lea´Lyil ried to attack the Earth Elementary, but, probably because he could only be damaged by magic Weapons, Lea Lyil made o Damage to him. He was inteligent enough to switch targets and attack my Main Character and my Party (and a Fire Elementary which I summoned in the meantime) which then approached him (as the Earth Elementary also couldn´t do any harm to him), and also did some Damage by physical attacks and Spells, but the combined Force of my Party was too much for him and he got killed (he even tried to flee as he saw that he couldn´t win, but it was to late ).

Comment

If you ever finish the exp. feel free to tell me how you took out that (poss. spoiler)demilich(come back and highlight after completing ).

Comment

Yep, I will although it will be a long time till I am able to kill a Lich
                  To date I am glad that my Characters are able to kill a Beholdr and its acompanying Gauths with the Help of summoned Elementals
                  But even Kangaxx could be a somewhat too hard opponent
                  (maybe I should try it with the easiest Lich in the Citygate [I already visited him, just sent my thief in to lockpick his chest and steal the Sword Daystar whle he was busy casting Defensive Spells ])

Comment

In one of the traders added by the bonus cd there was a shield that reflected the beholder's rays - makes the beholder hunting very easy .... they just kill themselves.
                    I can't remember how I killed the Liches, but the Demi Lich definitely required one of the scrolls of magic immunity, and very good weapons to kill (like +4 and +5).
                    Against stupidity the very gods themselves contend in vain.

Comment

Working...
                    X