Two strange Moo3 issues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charles,

I tried running other games and programs on my lap-top computer, and they run just fine.

Even the vaunted Rise of Nations runs just fine on my lap-top... no bugs or game crashes on that game yet (even though many of you had trouble with RoN on desktop computers).

So if RoN, the computer wrecker can work fine on my lap-top then Moo3 should, but yet it doesn't.

You know what I think? Even if there was a 100 GB RAM, 100 GHZ computer in 2050 AD, Moo3 would still run slow on that giga super computer
    Geniuses are ordinary people bestowed with the gift to see beyond common everyday perceptions.

Comment

Originally posted by Sovereign
      Charles,

I tried running other games and programs on my lap-top computer, and they run just fine.

Even the vaunted Rise of Nations runs just fine on my lap-top... no bugs or game crashes on that game yet (even though many of you had trouble with RoN on desktop computers).

So if RoN, the computer wrecker can work fine on my lap-top then Moo3 should, but yet it doesn't.

You know what I think? Even if there was a 100 GB RAM, 100 GHZ computer in 2050 AD, Moo3 would still run slow on that giga super computer
      May be when you install MOO3 it didnot install all the files correctly so uninstalling and installing it might solved your problem unless it like Windows the more memeny you have the more of it it use.
      By the year 2100 AD over half of the world population will be follower of Islam.

Comment

He-he an AI may be designed to use all of the resources it can get and this way to improve the taken decisions, but not its performance. May be this is the case with MOO3 ... Of course this will not stop the AI of taking stupid decisions sometimes. It will get better ones only according to its point of view which is hard-coded and cannot be changed :-)
        Against stupidity the very gods themselves contend in vain.

Comment

It may be that something else has to be researched first, as sometimes 2 or 3 schools of research have to be done. If not check over at the Atari Forums, probably something there about it.

Comment

Raion, whats the website or link for the Atari forums?

I appreciate all the help here, and I'm trying to get to the bottom of this problem.

By the way, I just tested my lap-top with RoN again, but this time, I moved about 100'ish units at once. I edited the max pop to 999, so I could maximize the number of units moving on my screen. My lap-top didn't suffer a choppy slowdown with all these units moving around.

Then I tried Moo3's tactical combat. I sent 180 of my ships to fight a 180 ship enemy taskforce (we both had carriers and zillions of beam weapons) and my lap-top ran that just fine, with no choppiness, just like with RoN.

That really makes me wonder. If my lap-top can handle tons of graphics moving around in a limited or defined area, then why can't it handle the simple "between-turn" calculations such as unit movements, population growth, production of units or structures, etc? Computers can do billions of those calculations per second?

What am I missing here?
            Geniuses are ordinary people bestowed with the gift to see beyond common everyday perceptions.

Comment

May-be your laptop doesnot like MOO3 for some reason, I have game which could run on my computer refuse to run on it.
              By the year 2100 AD over half of the world population will be follower of Islam.

Comment

Here's a shot in the dark...

How much free hard drive space do you have on you laptop? Some programs need lots of HD space while they're running.
                "It's not wether you win or lose, it's how drunk you get" -Homer Simpson

Comment

I'm having the same problem. My computer is 1.5-1.6GHz and 128MB ram. It runs slow on huge galaxy when nearly everything is colonized

Comment

My hard drive has a total capacity of 80 GB, Zanthis.

Comment

Working...
                    X