I hate the Orion Senate!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate the Orion Senate!

I am seriously going to have to remember to always check the Senate victory off. I have lost every single game because of the Senate victory. Either I am not in the Senate to begin with, and someone gets elected out of blue without me even knowing about it, or I am in the Senate but someone else still manages to get elected eventhough I am leading the game.

I just played a superb game as the Psilons. I was leading in tech, I had 2 Antaran X's and 3 armadas on their way to find the others, I was #1 in Power, but I lose the election cause my ally had a few more votes than me.

That's not fair. I am #1 in power, stronger than any other race, and yet I lose cause I lack the votes. Argh!
    'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
    G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Population = Senate Votes

If I play with the Senate Victory route, I always make sure I'm in the Senate to begin with. I play nice with anyone who plays nice with me...and raise Hell with those who don't; I never EVER sign a Full Alliance with any computer player, but sign everything else since I know eventaully they'll stab me in the facet (prefer Silicoids...rocks..."facet"...precious stone cut...get it?...har, har... ); I colonize like mad towards any defensible choke-point, and some not-so-defensible (stepping stones); and I try to keep potential enemies buggered for each other so the kill off population.

Advanced Technology is nice, but overwhelming numbers can be better...
    The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

I also always switch Senate Victory off.

I always tend to win within fewer than 100 turns. At least Pre Patch. Haven´t switched it on Post patch yet, so I don´t know about it.

As for Race, I also play Psilons. Just like it to be the technological Superpower in the galaxy
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs
        Population = Senate Votes

If I play with the Senate Victory route, I always make sure I'm in the Senate to begin with. I play nice with anyone who plays nice with me...and raise Hell with those who don't; I never EVER sign a Full Alliance with any computer player, but sign everything else since I know eventaully they'll stab me in the facet (prefer Silicoids...rocks..."facet"...precious stone cut...get it?...har, har... ); I colonize like mad towards any defensible choke-point, and some not-so-defensible (stepping stones); and I try to keep potential enemies buggered for each other so the kill off population.

Advanced Technology is nice, but overwhelming numbers can be better...
        I guess I just don't expand enough. I am a builder at heart. I like to maximize research and production. As a result, my early game tends to be a bit slow, but come mid to late game, I am a force to be reckoned with!
        'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"

Comment

Senate victory forces you into a rushing strategy, thats true. Either to murder the senate races to keep them below the NO votes, or to rush colonise yourself to #1 votes inside it. Without senate victory the game can become a slow inevitable win for the player once they get over the early hurdles.
          To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
          H.Poincaré

Comment

I won my first MOO3 game, and my first Senate victory.

I played as the Cynoids. I expanded fairly quickly, wiped out the Grendarl, and took a big planet away from the Tachidi, giving me the second most votes behind the NO. I had ~750 votes, while the NO had 1111 votes. At the next election, I voted for myself, and I won. I guess someone else voted for me too, giving me the most votes.

Yooohhhoooo!

Comment

But which is more emotionally satisfying?
              Winning a vote in a body that largely doesn't influence interplanetary politics...
              ...or pounding your enemies into dust?

Congrats, TD
              The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs
                But which is more emotionally satisfying?
                Winning a vote in a body that largely doesn't influence interplanetary politics...
                ...or pounding your enemies into dust?
                The victory clip when you win the senate election, is definitely not very satisfying.

There is no doubt, that I like pounding my enemies to dust.
                But I'd much prefer winning by finding all the Antaran X's. That's my next goal!

Congrats, TD
                Thanks. It has taken me awhile to get confortable with MOO3. The game sure has a steep learning curve. But I think that I am finally getting the hang of it.

Comment

Originally posted by The diplomat

Thanks. It has taken me awhile to get confortable with MOO3. The game sure has a steep learning curve. But I think that I am finally getting the hang of it.

Comment

At least the voting system in MOO3 has some logic behind it, unlike some other games discussed on Poly.
                    "It takes you years to learn how to play like yourself." Miles Davis

Comment

Working...
                    X