Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChristopherC
    Gentlemen,

Would some one pleassssssssssseeee tell me whether I should download this code patch or not???

If the data patch and the code patch are incompatible, then that suggests to me u have to reinstall the game -without the data patch - and then add the code patch???

Has anyone incorporated the code patch over a game with the data patch and had no problems? But even if they did, if I did the same could I have problems?

Can u continue playing your current game with the new patch?

Sheesh! Why does this have to be so complicated?

Live long and prosper.
    The data patch is incompatible with the code patch, the code patch have than new data files include with it. It make than backup copy of your data files and savegames files into than folder call backup. It then delete the old ones along with all mod's. Some of the old mods I than finding out still worked.
    By the year 2100 AD over half of the world population will be follower of Islam.

Comment

Originally posted by SirOsis
      It's typical to release it to Fileplanet. I've seen many patches there. It's just the moo3 site can't handle the traffic. I didn't know that many people had this game.
      Funny, I own over 200 games and none before this one had me go to "FileWallet" to download a basic support patch!
      Kahn

Comment

Originally posted by Kahn

Funny, I own over 200 games and none before this one had me go to "FileWallet" to download a basic support patch!
        Alot of game companies to free up space on their board are transfering old patches an in some case new patch to fileplanet which have load of room for patches.
        By the year 2100 AD over half of the world population will be follower of Islam.

Comment

I think it's crap. Their game, they should host the patch.

Comment

They are hosting it. Their server couldn't handle the load though so you couldn't download it from them.

Maybe they didn't realize that many people actually had the game because of the poor reviews.

Comment

If they can't get accurate sales figures then someone in finance needs to get fired. Of course, maybe they were suprised that so many people hadn't thrown their copies away...

Comment

It is impossible for big huge corporation to have uptodate finicial information. It GM(General Motor) books where off by 5 cents instead of trying to find where the mistake is the SEC and Accounting Board Rules allow then to make than bookkeeping error to cancle that 5 cents error out. It would
                cost a hell of lot of money to go thought very written doc's or computer record's to find the error and there is no certainly that the error can be found at all.

Comment

Amazon didn't seem to have that problem.

"We've got thousands of these Moo3 boxes taking up valuable warehouse space. Let's sell 'em for 17.99 and give a $20 rebate. We'll pay them $2.01. Anything to unload this dog."

Comment

Originally posted by SirOsis
                    Amazon didn't seem to have that problem.

"We've got thousands of these Moo3 boxes taking up valuable warehouse space. Let's sell 'em for 17.99 and give a $20 rebate. We'll pay them $2.01. Anything to unload this dog."
                    Many people donot fill out registion form for games , I rarely do.

Comment

It is impossible for big huge corporation to have uptodate finicial information.
                      That's ludicrous, Charles. If big corporations didn't have up to date financial information how could they function in a fast paced world economy? Not knowing how much money you have or who you owe money to at any given time could be devastating to a company. Did you mean real-time financial info? That's possible, too, although less feasible.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Seldon

That's ludicrous, Charles. If big corporations didn't have up to date financial information how could they function in a fast paced world economy? Not knowing how much money you have or who you owe money to at any given time could be devastating to a company. Did you mean real-time financial info? That's possible, too, although less feasible.
                        Absolutely correct. I've been a Financial Controller for over 12 years and the company I work for now closes the books within 3 business days after each month-end. I admit that we don't spend a lot of time making sure that every monetary amount is correct to the penny, units sold has to be 100% correct since this affects not only sales revenue but also inventory.

Comment

Originally posted by BobD

Absolutely correct. I've been a Financial Controller for over 12 years and the company I work for now closes the books within 3 business days after each month-end. I admit that we don't spend a lot of time making sure that every monetary amount is correct to the penny, units sold has to be 100% correct since this affects not only sales revenue but also inventory.
                          I worked for the IRS in the 1970's for afew year and I study
                          bookkeeping and some accounting (before computer took over) no degree. Small error of than few dollar's are allow
                          to big corporation as to find the error will take too much resources in manpower, time, and money. Than alot of the time the error might be gerenate by rounding of number gone by computer system that handle alots of enties . When
                          I first start to worked with IRS the bookkeeping department have touble balanceing tax recip comeing in with computer generate incomeing tax reven, I didnot work at that department but knew someone who did. I told him that the error sum might be due for more digital being add to the number. They got orginate bank reciept record and compare then to the computer printout and they found the computer was adding 3 extras digist to the
                          end of each payment amounts. They call the computer repairman as it was most likely than logic error on the computer part.

Comment

Working...
                          X