How many turns?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many turns?

How many turns did you play the longest?
    What was it like, lagwise?

about 800 sp on a large 2 arm, about 200 mp (LAN) on a medium cluster.
    Never had any real lag between turns, possibly a few seconds occasionally.

Comment

about 700 was my longest. Never had any lag even with the fleet sizes increased above normal game parameters but I've never gone for massive universes. Attacking the New Orion homeworld with over 100 carriers full of fighters caused immense stuttering in the battle by the time the 4th fighter wave went in
      To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
      H.Poincaré

Comment

I've had one game go 801 turns...and you can get some impressive turn delays in the big galaxies. My gut feeling based on experience is that these delays are directly proportional to the number of settled planets, what with growth, migration, unrest calculation, and AI decisions (to name a few of the most likely culprits). I'm not entirely sure how they're going to be able to speed that stuff up much, but then I didn't do the coding.

And Grum, you ought to see 200 carriers worth of fighters along with 150 missile ships, and a few SR/LR to round it out. Really staggers the ol' engine, it does...but the original task force sizes seriously offended my sensibilities as a player.
        If I'd known then what I know now, I'd never have done all the stuff that led me to what I know now...

Former member, MOO3 Road Kill...er, Crew

Comment

Working...
        X