Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not only map size, surely there are other factors because I've just checked the latest games registered by the top players with the latest update, their most recent submitted scores in May on Gigantic maps and various diff levels ( namely crippling ), and it seems that many players are still able to register their Gigantic/Crippling scores correctly. Very odd and unexplained so far since many others like us can't, that's why I still suspect the mods even if some say that they were able to register lightly modded games...Odd but hey, the game is great and fun enough to live without a world ranking, it's just a plus to have that Metaverse. My only gripe is about the lack of information ( you know, like the MoO3's user manual...) about the rules for using it.

So keep your saves and happy galciving.
    The art of mastering:"la Maîtrise des caprices du subconscient avant tout".

Comment

• Metaverse is back and running again. I'm glad to have my last game counting for the Great Poly Empire.
      I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

• Oh yeah! #16 in our empire with my latest game, baby!
        - "A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it still ain't a part number." - Ron Reynolds
        - I went to Zanarkand, and all I got was this lousy aeon!
        - "... over 10 members raised complaints about you... and jerk was one of the nicer things they called you" - Ming

Comment

• Congrats apolyton that's a mighty big lead we have here
          -->Visit CGN!
          -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

• I've joined as Jonny11788, and I've already submitted my first game score.

(Okay, it was 9 points, but I'm still figuring out all the aspects of the game, so don't laugh at me )

Comment

• I won on tiny masochistic in 1.03! That was a big feat IMO, particularly considering I had a crappy start (one planet in my sector, no resource less than 2 sectors away), and an event gave +14 PQ to all planets in sectors where I was not during the game.
              But the game scoring of 300 for that is really annoying. I know I gave planets in order to get an alliance victory, but so what? I really think small maps are much harder than big maps (I play gigantic and think it is a joke - far too easy). Big maps take a lot of time to play, but small maps take as long to win (you just lose more games in the meantime).
              Clash of Civilization team member
              (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
              web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

• Jonny: Excellent! My first game scored few points, but it was fun. Of course, about scoring...

LDiCesare: Wow! Nice work. You sound like an excellent player. I'll bug you next time I can't figure something out, if you don't mind.
                I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

Comment

• Let's play tournament game. It's on medium map so it will be not so long. Also, better to save maybe even every turn (before pressing 'turn' button) - so we can compare our games after that.
                  Knowledge is Power

Comment

• I must hate myself because I wanted to play at least one game on Gigantic. Just finished. Shoot me if I ever get this idea again!

I do have to say now having played the game extensively that it has some huge problems. Oh, the game is still great overall, but the more you play, the more you see the AI is horribly limited, the UI bugged all over the place, the end game a complete nightmare, etc.

Yet there's a draw to the game! I'd say if Brad can truly learn from player feedback and provide some better end game material in the upcoming Expansion pack that the game could really be a keeper. If development stopped on it today, however, I'd probably stop playing...

Comment

• [...from another post, but it should go here, too...]

Really I shouldn't have come straight to Poly after completing a Gigantic map! I was tired and, to be honest, annoyed at Metaverse and a number of UI issues in the game. I should have said more clearly that I think GalCiv wasn't designed for the Gigantic map: you run through techs too fast, the distances you have to cover don't match ship speeds, etc.

I do think, though, that Brad is making an amazing effort to listen to fan feedback and make changes. The core design of GalCiv is still strong enough to make it, indeed, one of the finest strategy games ever. I know that's a bold claim, but I'll stick by it! No doubt, though, the game needs some serious tweaking, otherwise, like I wrote, I'd probably stop playing simply because it's too easy to manipulate the AI on larger maps. Having said that, I think the smaller maps are much, much better experience.

Comment

• By the way, why we have only one player in a senate? I don't want to be there (because it gives nothing anyway), but other players who want to be in the right side of the list may think twice before joining us.

Also, we need a 'GalCiv Empire' Group - like AC PBEM.

And another thought - we need a FAQ for new players. Someone wants to participate? I can write something, but not all of course.
                        Last edited by Ellestar; May 19, 2003, 13:57.
                        Knowledge is Power

Comment

• where no 2 now?

... hmm.. just drop out of the race for 5 weeks because of work and school stuff ... just came back.. just a big suprise that we aint number one now... oh well.

Comment

• We was yesterday. Now i had a headache - i slept too little. Wrote Tiny Masochistic Walktrough + played 2 games + work etc.
                            Knowledge is Power

Comment

• A walkthrough

Ellestar,

Nice going! a walkthrough, could use one myself,
                              hey where did you put it., on your website.?
                              could you pls email it to me --- xen01@yahoo.com
                              I would really appreaciate it.
                              thanks.

Comment

• Joined under my real name (I'll leave it to you to figure out who I am).

BTW, any way to change one's handle over there?
                                oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

Working...
                                X