No announcement yet.

Crashing to Desktop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This isn't about crashing to the desktop, but I will throw it out anyway.

When I launch the game and the menu comes up, if i choose anything other than "play game" the game freezes.

Anyone else see this?
    While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

When I launch the game and the menu comes up, if i choose anything other than "play game" the game freezes.
      It doesn't freeze, it's just awfully slow. It will launch a browser or the game in a very long time. Better to launch the game from the game exe directly.

I have had a few crashes too, but found no reproducible pattern yet.
      Clash of Civilization team member
      (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
      web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

Since downloading the Stardock updates, I've not had a single crash, even during several-hour-long sessions.
        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

In my last and only game after I've downloaded the newest version (2.04X) I had crashes every other turn. I'll try a new game and then revert to 2.036 which runs without any problems if the crashes persist.

Comment

For anyone that's interested: I reinstalled, started a new game avoiding the confirmed crash reason (see below) and haven't had any problems since. Seems that after encountering the crash once, the game or at least the savegame somehow went into generally-unstable-and-likely-to-crash mode.

The one thing to avoid: Don't use the slider to adjust the money in the diplomacy screen IF AND ONLY IF the civilization in question has less than 100 BC left. If it has more, it's safe to use the slider.

Comment

Working...
            X