That Crash hurt.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That Crash hurt.....

There we are the Tuberian Hegemony is 5 turns away from a Cultural Victory. I leave the room to go get something to drink while the computer does it's turns.

I come back and there it is: Windows wants to send an error report on GC II. Clcik send and the game ends.

Okay I have autosave enabled, so I only go back about 5 minutes altogether, right before where they told me to keep my culture up 10 turns for the win.

Turn 1: Mega Event - All unihabited planets within two grid squares of so-so planet are now PQ 15!

About 40 planets.

Turn 2: Random event - Assassination of Terran Alliance president, time for war.

Turn 3: Random event - Assassination of Yor Collective president, again even more war.

I love this game!

ACK!
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Ack is right! I’ve had the assassination event happen stir up quite a few games, but never two in one game!

Actually, I kind of wish my later games would get shaken up like that! It would give me a reason to finish as opposed to thinking of it as slogging to a painful and time consuming end – and then hitting the silk and starting a new game.

Hydro

Comment

It's the war and the colony rush at the same time that is a pain.

ACK!

Comment

Oh, that was the NEW game! Talk about starting off on the wrong foot!

Were all those juicy PQ15 planets by you, by any chance?

Hydro

Comment

Luckily, centered right around the former Torian home planet.

ACK!

Comment

Working...
          X