Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And the logic beind that was..? (Campaign spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So you're complaining that the game isn't formulaic enough for you?
    I'm saying there are reasons these sorts of things happen the way they do - to avoid situations like the one I'm talking about.

It's like rushing a bunker to get a grenade tossed in the window or something: You're probably going to lose most of the men who go in at it, but just so long as ONE of them makes it to the target and blows the thing up, the objective is accomplished.
    You play much differently than I do. My style is to wait until I can blow up the entire building. And the game should be fine with that.

Besides, if the DLs showed up when you're actually on par with them, where's the drama?
    I'd settle for playability over drama. If you wanted to show drama, have the first mission DLs are in be one where you have to flee Earth; script a massive DL fleet owning every once of your planets while you escape.

Last mission, retake Earth. The plot of GC and GC2 show that humanity can research technologies faster than any of the other Younger Races; showing that Humanity can overtake a massive DL fleet is dramatic enough.
    It's a CB.
    --
    SteamID: rampant_scumbag

Comment

You play much differently than I do. My style is to wait until I can blow up the entire building. And the game should be fine with that.
      So the it is a flaw that the missons need differing styles?

Anyway here is a link to a thead on the offical forums that is about this misson Link curttasker ended up dreadlord homeworld later on in the misson, so building up can work
      Last edited by richardl; March 8, 2006, 04:46.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalSpark
        I'm a lot like you in that regard. I like to build up and dominate the AI. When my buddy watched me play Warcraft 3, he criticized me for playing it like it was SimCity. The problem with that though is that sometimes the scenario just doesn't call for building up an unstoppable force and rampaging around. Some missions will be structured in such a way that boldness and daring are rewarded. It's not a bug, it's just a way of mixing up the scenario design. Once you know that you can't expect to be able to play the way you're accustomed to play, you should be able to adapt to the circumstances and show mastery of the game itself, not just mastery of one particular strategy.

That being said, sometimes missions like this can be very frustrating. You just have to realize though that the old way isn't working so you need to change it up a bit.
        John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

If you don't like the DL's, simply lose the mission. The Siege mission has an alternative mission that is completely different. I went back & won the alternative mission without firing a single shot.
          Fight chicken abortion! Boycott eggs!

Comment

Working...
          X