Save Game Crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Save Game Crash

Everytime I load a saved game it crashes, even loading current civilization, it crahes. While I can start a new game just fine, its those saved ones that crash. When it crashes it just takes me back to my desktop like nothing happened, and doesn't tell me anything. I've reinsalled, and that failed, so I've given an email to StratFirst, but I wanted to see if you guys could do anything about it first.

Thank You

I had a saved game get thrased once myself. Thankfully the autosaved game was still useable. It's an obvious question, but did you try the auto saved game?
    I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

By the way, I continue to have that *same* problem when I try to port over saved games from my home computer to the work computer (to submit Metaverse scores, for example). This is really frustrating, of course. I can't think of a fix so far...
      I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

All saved games crash, period, I can strart a game, but the saved games crash when I load them

Comment

it's a known bug brought by version 1.03A.057, I had one game too, crashing to the desktop when loading. Try to send your save files to Brad or Cari , they can fix it or wait for the upcoming SDC 1.04 update which has a fix for this ( Beta already available, but I prefer official updates ).
          The art of mastering:"la Maîtrise des caprices du subconscient avant tout".

Comment

Thanks, I tried some earlier saved games and they worked, but the latest still failed. Can't wait for 1.04, I'll see if that works. Meanwhile I sent two of my crashed saved games to Brock, to see if they can do anything. Thanks for the advice.

Comment

Working...
            X