4x Space Game Needs Play Testers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4x Space Game Needs Play Testers

I need a few play testers for a game I am developing.

Game overview :
    • 4X space game
    • Browser based, only runs in firefox
    • Closed Beta status
    • Basic 2d graphics
    • Strong focus on grand strategy & diplomacy
    • No action, not a RTS & no tactical control
    • Role play possible
    • Not commercial, this will never be a pay to play. (it's my hobby)

Last edited by mahks; December 16, 2013, 07:11.

Is it like Star Quest 2?

Comment

Have not looked at SQ2.

To view some pics and details,
      See my post at indie-resource.com

Comment

Could use a few more testers now.

Comment

I don't use Firefox anymore.

ACK!
          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Update :

2 new options now available :
            - Design your own ships
            - Negotiate treaties with Independent stars (NPCs)

Now 98% working in Chrome, just some issues with canvas.

Tutorial re-done, simplified, got rid of the videos, now text pop-up based. Could use some new blood to test the tutorial...

Graphics marginally improved :

Economic Report :

Building :

Laboratory :

Star Administration :

Treaty Negotiations :

Comment

Running under chrome 100% now

Comment

The tutorial has been axed in favour of in-game hint panels.

Comment

We just started a new episode.
                  Join in if you would like.

Feel free to ask questions here.

Comment

The episode "Mercatus Volgus Ubivis" has begun.

New game features:
                    • Dogfights : Takes place during short range combat by fightercraft
                    • Thrusters, Generators and Ion Cannons : Only usable on Fighters & Interceptors
                    • Civil Markets : Similar to black markets but deal in legal goods
                    • Luxuries : Demand now based solely on each star, rather than realm
                    • Civil Defence Fleets : Replace tribute ship building. CDF's build automatically based on habitat level
                    • Monuments : May now be dedicated to science, fertility, productivity or shipping. This results in bonus output

Comment

The episode "Partes Facere Totam" will begin on September 11th 2020.
                      If you have never played and wish to join in, please begin the training game now so you can join the above game with some knowledge of the mechanics.

New game features:

New Structures :

Crafter - Crafts components
                      Power Station - Higher level structures now require power
                      Slave Market - Provides workers, but increases rebel activity
                      Training Base - Increases experience of ships at the star

Components : A new asset type :

May be used to reduce costs of building structures, modules and ships.
                      Should provide a comparative advantage to lords that invest in their research.

Misc :

Tradebases have been removed in favour of the more universal "Sector Markets".
                      Lords may now enrol officials for extra training at foreign academies.
                      Shipyards, assemblers and academies may now be dedicated to a single output, reducing time and costs.

Comment

Any youtube videos of your game? I can't find any which definitely hurts your online presence and ability to recruit players.

If you haven't already I'd recommend posting updates in the big 4x Gaming Reddit too.. lots of fans there.

Comment

Tried making video, major fail. The game has no action, all strategy. Its like trying to make a video of chess or Go.

I have posted to Reddit. The games with the glitter get all the love...

Thanks for the ideas!

Comment

No worries man. If you don't plan to go commercial then I strongly recommend you create a IndieDB page for your game too. That will put a LOT more eyes on your work. Plus you can post dev diaries there of your progress (sort of like what you've been doing here) which helps as each dev diary goes onto their big front page getting hundreds of views (as long as it has some pictures as their admins are not fans of pure text). Eg here's the page I help run for the Starflight Remake project where you'll see lots of dev diaries.
                            Welcome to the IndieDB page for Marvin's 'Starflight: The Remaking of a Legend' project. This project is a fan remake of the original 1987 PC game loved by many back in the day. Marvin is a veteran professional software and game developer who has worked...

Also there are endless videos of 'spreadsheet' 4X games on youtube so don't be too worried about that. Just play it for a bit showing off all features and commentate on stuff and it'll be enough. If your game doesn't have music then there's probably something 'spacey' in the youtube free music catalog lol.

Comment

The episode "Novus Contractus Artis" has begun.

New game features:
                              • Civil goods markets replaced by "Goods Contracts".
                              • Support costs for ships reduced.
                              • Convoy type fleet removed, replaced with Supply Base type.
                              • New comm channel consolidates intel from foreign realms.
                              • Imperial fleets no longer garrison guild stars.

Comment

Working...
                              X