No announcement yet.

Mass Effect 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have not tried MP yet; I am of the firm belief that hell is other people.

But my understanding is that you can pick different races, and your potential class depends on that race? I might give it a try; my paragon femshep is a straight up biotic nightmare, might be interesting to try an infiltrator or something.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tbghj...4aFUAAAAAAABAA

Comment

Fyi Major spolier in that link
        Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

The ending sucks, worse than the KOTOR II debacle. It's not that I demanded a "happier" ending, it's that the ending(s) provided were badly-conceived and obviously rushed and incomplete. I want some closure, and this didn't provide it. The gaping holes in plot and logic were too big to be ignored, IMO.

That being said, the rest of the game is almost universally awesome. It was going to be the best of them all until... the end.

I think this is a pretty succinct article on the problem with the endings, with which I mostly agree (yes, spoilers ahead):

Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
            Just read the theory that Al eludes to, and given the ending I chose (let's call it the "red" ending), that actually makes a metric **** ton of sense. If true, that changes Bioware from "awesome series, just didn't stick the landing," to "awesome series, holy mother of god you beautiful bastards, that was ****ing amazing."
            The ending being a dream or induced hallucination is the ONLY way it makes any sense, actually. Otherwise, the WTF factor is insurmountable to anyone who has been paying attention for the whole saga.

My problem with giving Bioware the benefit of the doubt on this is that, as mentioned above, we have KOTOR II as an example of them completely cocking up a game finale because of rushing the game out the door.

Now, IF this ending is deliberate just to set up ME4 and IF it was a deliberate allusion to the terrible KOTOR II ending, then I'd have to give Bioware credit as being amazingly brilliant. But I don't think that's reality (and the post-credits scene reinforces my view).
            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Not sure whether or not to abandon the spoiler boxes at this point, but here we go...

Spoiler:
              The more I think about it, the more the fighting-Reaper-indoctrination theory makes sense.

Slo-mo like her dreams of the kid.

Infinite ammo for her gun.

Black wavy shadows like in her dream.

No one else even looked at the kid while he was "alive" in the prologue. Not even given a hand up into the shuttle.

The kid gives her three choices: one of which is basically what the Reapers are doing to begin with (and what Saren wanted), one which is exactly what the indoctrinated Illusive Man wanted, and one, the "red" choice, the "renegade" choice, that is what you've wanted all along. The choice to reject the indoctrination.

Do I really think that's what Bioware intended? Probably not. But they sure as **** left the door open.

Comment

Ahh, yes. Bingo. Exactly what I was talking about.

Comment

Jesus... even the name The Illusive Man, instead of the seemingly-more-accurate Elusive Man, hints at this possibility.

Or, I could just be completely in the bag for Bioware. I've no idea.

Comment

This is one of those endings I pretend was different to make myself happy.

My theory is that Bioware was indoctrinated by Reapers to make us angry and destroy each other. They're just working for the bad guys now
                    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Hilarious, but spoilers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vG4EyfXOTJ4
                      If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                      ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Excellent.

Comment

Yes I have played this games and this is amazing games. It is one of the most adventurous games I have ever played. The graphic and theme are more superb than previous variant.

Comment

Working...
                          X