Terraria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terraria

In a nutshell it's 2-D Minecraft. I know Asher has played it and I'm wondering if anybody else here has checked it out. Here's the trailer.

I've lost about 12 hours to it over the past couple days.
    John Brown did nothing wrong.

This is a lot of fun. At least, I ended up playing 3 hours instead of 1 last night (and would like to play again tonight... although I probably should work).

JM
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

So it's a puzzle/adventure game. Looks good.
      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Terraria just got its second content update in as many weeks. New enemies and new items, along with balance updates, fresher graphics and bug fixes. I'm definitely impressed.

Comment

You all like games like this? I don't see the appeal.
          "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

To me it's kind of like a Metroidvania, except you can reshape the world to suit your whim. On our little server we built a highway to hell, which was a tunnel dug straight down to where all the lave and whatnot is. Then we broke open a few dams, let the water pour down, and now we're flooding the fire pits to make exploration easier. Also we've got a half dozen bases scattered across the surface, and we're working on illuminated tunnels with road signs to help move from point to point faster.

Honestly it's kind of lame for the first hour, but once you get rolling with some better gear the game really takes off.

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
              You all like games like this? I don't see the appeal.
              Of course you don't, nobody tosses an egg-shaped ball or shoots anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                Of course you don't, nobody tosses an egg-shaped ball or shoots anyone.
                Egg-shaped ball? What the hell sport has a ball shaped like an egg?

"Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

One whose enthusiasts totally lack imagination?
                  Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Eight new enemies and fifty new items in yesterday's update.

Comment

Terraria. Is there a Poly server? If I was still single I would host one, but my wife turns off the router for some weird reason when it's not in use.
                      Graffiti in a public toilet
                      Do not require skill or wit
                      Among the **** we all are poets
                      Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

That's a great idea. I'll look into setting one up.

Comment

I'm no good at this. I've set up a static IP (192.168.1.50) and I think I've opened the port in the router, but it doesn't make sense. How do you get the IP for my network to connect to the computer I'm running it off of?

I mean, it works for me to type in 192.168.1.50, but how would anybody outside my network be able to connect to that? Would you go for the server's IP? Is it possible to run Terraria's server software off of a Windows Home Server?

Comment

You should give us the IP of your router, and I don't mean 192.168.1.1.
                            Graffiti in a public toilet
                            Do not require skill or wit
                            Among the **** we all are poets
                            Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X