New 'Alpha centauri complete' in stores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 'Alpha centauri complete' in stores

Found this in my local store the other day, and seen it on amazon. It cost me £4.99 is being sold on the 'Sold out' budget label and includes Alpha Centauri and the rare(and expensive if you've tried looking for it over the last few years!) expansion 'Alien crossfire'. It is also a windows xp/vista friendly version

Made my day
    Last edited by El_Cid; April 4, 2009, 08:54.

Funnily enough I just installed these two this morning. These were originals so not sure how XP friendly they are but at least they installed which is always a good start. Just need to find the alternative colour scheme which have on a backup drive - somewhere.

Comment

Could Firaxis make a steam version for cheap?

JM
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Standup View Post
        Funnily enough I just installed these two this morning. These were originals so not sure how XP friendly they are but at least they installed which is always a good start. Just need to find the alternative colour scheme which have on a backup drive - somewhere.
        hmmm i think last time i tried my original copy on XP i had some problems......maybe just sound/music related....not sure, but I know i run that copy on my P166 rig.

Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
        Could Firaxis make a steam version for cheap?

JM
        good idea. Looking at the box i suspect this in an EA controlled thing('Sold Out' appears to be like an EA budget label), and they certainly have a deal with Steam for on-line delivery, so yeah it would make sense, especialy for Vista users - try emailing the Steam guys?

Comment

Nice to see they are still selling this.

Comment

This is great news. My brother stole my only copy of both SMAC, SMAX, and PlanPack, so I've been AC-less this past few years.

And an AC without any AC is a sad AC indeed

I will jump on Amazon and see if I can do a purchase.
            "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

groan, found this in small print on the back:

"Notice: This game contains technology intended to prevent copying that may conflict with some disc and virtual drives"

So far my google foo hasn't been able to find out what is actually on this version, but i've decided not to install just yet - SecuRom cost me a couple of drives last yearish so i'm not prepared to take any chances again.

hopefuly this is just standard disk checking DRM....but we are talking EA! If i can find out what is on it i'll post here.

Comment

I can't find this game in Amazon. Maybe it's a UK only thing.
                "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

must be then - weird move from EA if that's the case???

Comment

The yanks don't appreciate good games as much.

Comment

I'm going to have to see if I can order from amazon.co.uk.

Yet another thing that's better across the pond. Plus you British swine get to watch the new Red Dwarf Easter shows.
                      "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

I just tried ordering the SMAC Complete set from Amazon.co.uk.

They won't ship to a US address

I'm seriously beginning to rethink the wisdom of ever leaving Britain.
                        "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

I'm sure you'd be welcome if you want to come back.

Comment

I can't, the cozzers took away me visa.

Bar stewards.
                            "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

You could ask English 'Polytoners to make an honest woman out of you.

Comment

Working...
                              X