No announcement yet.

Tropico 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The latest patch also has some side effects for those who were unwilling to wait until the local release date (although there are reports of possible workarounds). Ten more days before it is available here
    <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
    Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

Is this fairly easy to pick up (game play and concepts)?

Thanks

Gramps
      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

If you have played the first Tropico game, then yes (It's pretty much the same, except with a few long needed additions)

If you have never tried it before, I will advise you to try the demo, if you're interested in this type of game. IMHO it is easy to pick up, but then I have also played the first game (and I don't remember how hard it was to pick up that game)
        This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Adagio View Post
          If you have played the first Tropico game, then yes (It's pretty much the same, except with a few long needed additions)

If you have never tried it before, I will advise you to try the demo, if you're interested in this type of game. IMHO it is easy to pick up, but then I have also played the first game (and I don't remember how hard it was to pick up that game)
          Thanks Adagio

your opinions mean something to me
          Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Does anyone know how to counter the "Lack of moral virtue" problem? I have promised to enact an edict, but I have tried almost all of them (well... those edicts the religious people likes), but nothing helps, they still complain

Comment

You sure you don't have some personal flaw that the religionistas don't like?

Do they get upset about the Special Building Permit, or any other edicts?
              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

I would guess that prohibition (banning alcohol) would satisfy that requirement, but to be honest I have not yet tried it. I haven't yet come across a situation that needed the religious faction to be that happy.

Special Building Permit upsets the intellectuals, but same-sex marriage and mardi gras annoy the religionistas. Nothing a few cathedrals can't fix.
                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Except "Ugly" I didn't have any special flaws they hated
                  But it could be prohibition, I didn't try that one... forgot about that one (but then considering that 75% of my income came from rum, that wouldn't be a good idea... doesn't it kill my rum production IIRC?)

Comment

Yes, rum production, pubs and nightclubs all no longer work with prohibition enabled and crime increases too (based on its description). I doubt making one faction slightly happier would be worth tanking your economy. Is there any reason you want to make the religious faction happy or are you just wondering how to get rid of the "red"?

Although I think from memory prohibition increases production too. If you aren't making rum and don't have tourist income, alternative entertainment for your population should be easy enough to provide to make running prohibition worthwhile. I might have to try that sometime.
                    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

It was more to "try out" the things. I still easily won the mission without having to make the religious people happy

I am good at making religious people hate me though, in most my games all factions (except religious) loves me

Comment

I'm getting mildly annoyed by missions that end when you achieve a certain goal. For instance, the oil mission completes when you export a certain amount of oil. All well and good if you just want to complete missions and move on, but if you are going for bonus objectives you have to somehow time your oil exports to finish after you complete the bonus objectives but before the mission ends.

Or it may just be my CDO playing up (its like OCD, but the letters are in alphabetical order. Like they should be).

Comment

This game is so easy easy Guy Goma would love it.

Comment

Tropico 3

hey this reminds me to check out if the performance of the first one improved since I did the CPU upgrade. It ran like a dog when I reached high population way back when I played it.

What are the requirements for this one?

Comment

Don't know the requirements, but I'm running it max settings and haven't had a glitch.

It is easy, but very very fun.
                              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Working...
                              X