No announcement yet.

Dragon Age Origins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you do use the horn--and you survive--you get access to an absolutely amazing amount of treasure.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Is it a glitch, or do named items left in the merchants' stock or in the party chest upgrade themselves to the party level? I've given the gift gloves to Zevran and he turned them into a wearable tier 1 item. I sold them to the dwarves in the camp, and they're now tier 5 or 6.
      Graffiti in a public toilet
      Do not require skill or wit
      Among the **** we all are poets
      Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

• Bought this yesterday - should get here next week. Judging from the extensive discussion I'm looking forward to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by onodera View Post
          Is it a glitch, or do named items left in the merchants' stock or in the party chest upgrade themselves to the party level? I've given the gift gloves to Zevran and he turned them into a wearable tier 1 item. I sold them to the dwarves in the camp, and they're now tier 5 or 6.
          I've only found boots for Zevran, I'll check what they are when I finally go back to camp, been in the deep roads for about a week or so now.
          We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

• some items sold to merchants will upgrade themselves depending on party level. I'm not sure about the chest, but that would be sweet. If they remain equipped/in your inventory, they don't upgrade AFAIK
            The undeserving maintain power by promoting hysteria.

Comment

• Some do, some do not. My first character was a human noble rogue, I stashed the "Family Sword" there right after I did the Warden's Peak DLC, because I had better. Many other weapons upgraded but that one did not.

I finished the game earlier tonight. 63.5 hours of playing. I think it was well worth the money.
              Age and treachery will defeat youth and skill every time.

Comment

• I got tired of my Human Noble Rogue (well, I got frustrated fighting the broodmother in the deep roads), so I started a Dwarven Noble Warrior who looks like a gangsta rapper. Did the Redcliffe and Circle quests (I haven't done those with the first char), but most importantly, I had a foursome!
                I think that's the only way to have sex with Leliana without having to dump Morrigan. My rogue had an option to fool Leliana into thinking the was nothing between him and the witch, but Urist (what other name can you give a dwarf?) was busted as soon as the realtionship between him and the bard turned warm.
                Also, mercilessly teasing Alistair about his virginity is hilarious.

Comment

• My rogue did practically zero during the fight with the Broodmother; it's a really easy fight, if long, if you know how and have the necessary stuff to do it.

Spoiler:
                  Basically, you run up the ramp to the right. The tencacles can't get to you there, and you use AE spells to damage the Broodmother. Morrigan and Wynne did a whole load of Blizzard, Tempest, and Inferno spells there. Keep whoever is getting targeted by the spit separate from the rest of the party to avoid splash damage, put the best nature salve on the target you've got, and the rest of the party just deals with the Grenlocks who appear from time to time.

My rogue did stand toe-to-toe with the Archdemon for the entire fight though. You guys are absolutely right about high defense.
                  Age and treachery will defeat youth and skill every time.

Comment

• Finished the Dalish quest on my dwarf noble.
                    Spoiler:
                    Now I have an army of werevolves at my command!
                    I feel a bit like a dick for doing that, but hey, who cares about some gypsy elves, right?

Comment

• I'm about 10 hours in and am really enjoying it.
                      Spoiler:
                      I really had to think hard about the least unfair way to kill the demon who had possessed Arl Eamon's son

I've lots of time to spend on this after Christmas and I can see myself getting through it pretty quickly.

The only downside is that the WoWish style has for some reason made me really want to play WoW, something that has not really happened (I briefly considered it when the second expansion came out) since I gave it up cold turkey over 3 years ago. Wasn't expecting that.

Comment

• I'm giving it a break before I do another playthrough. I was a human mage who, in general, did all the "good" things.

Trying to decide whether I want to be a fighter or a rogue for my complete dickweed playthrough.
                        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• I'm not convinced by the rogue abilities. I've done a heavy dwarf tank for the first playthrough. If I did another it'd be a flimsy mage aoe damage dealer/healer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                            I'm giving it a break before I do another playthrough. I was a human mage who, in general, did all the "good" things.

Trying to decide whether I want to be a fighter or a rogue for my complete dickweed playthrough.
                            Be a fighter. Intimidation is better for being a dick. My dwarf was supposed to be a dickweed, but getting into both girls' panties required some moderation.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrSpike View Post
                              I'm about 10 hours in and am really enjoying it.
                              Spoiler:
                              I really had to think hard about the least unfair way to kill the demon who had possessed Arl Eamon's son

I've lots of time to spend on this after Christmas and I can see myself getting through it pretty quickly.

The only downside is that the WoWish style has for some reason made me really want to play WoW, something that has not really happened (I briefly considered it when the second expansion came out) since I gave it up cold turkey over 3 years ago. Wasn't expecting that.
                              Regarding your spoiler, I was in the same boat. I really enjoyed the decision they presented at that point in the game. Kinda weird to find yourself having such contemplations in a video game. Well done.

Unless you meant something else...
                              While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

• I realized, to my pleasure, that Orzammar's lesson is what Junktown's lesson was supposed to be in the original Fallout.
                                Spoiler:
                                If you do the "good" thing and kill Bhelen (at least it's a good thing for the Dwarf Noble, the Dwarf Commoner will probably want to kill Harrowmont) and Branka, Orzammar is royally screwed. Only by helping the nasty dwarves to succeed can you ensure the bright future for the dwarves
                                Last edited by onodera; December 20, 2009, 11:30.

Comment

Working...
                                X