Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thanks

Comment

• Be Interesting to see what happens to the PS3 stats now the **** as hit the fan lol

Comment

• 1up.com has a really interesting article about Nintendo's strategy in light of the coming Project Cafe: http://www.1up.com/news/high-powered...tendo-strategy

Here's a quote just for Asher.

First of all, it's folly to think that Nintendo's current strategy is a giant business bellyflop. The company has been outselling its competition by 100% or more on a month-to-month basis for years. The DS and Wii have slowed down now that the market it totally saturated, it's true; now they simply sell on par with the competition rather than outpacing them by a margin of two-to-one. Sure, it would be bad news if Nintendo simply wrung its hands in despair and let their marketshare shrink to nothing as Microsoft builds Kinect-based minigames about dancing on Wii's grave, but the fact that the console's successor is due to make its debut in a month doesn't really speak of a company that's ready to go gentle into that good night.
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• The company has been outselling its competition by 100% or more on a month-to-month basis for years.

I find it fascinating someone who supposedly writes in the industry hasn't seen that the 360 has been outselling the Wii every month for about a year now.

360 sales are up 60% year over year...Wii sales are down what, 40-50%?
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• As for their "next console", rumour has it it's based on 3-4 year old ATI cards with a tri-core PowerPC processor (like the Xbox 360). Just like the Wii was when it was released.

Wii 2 sounds to be like Wii -- comes out based on old technology, gets embarrassed by true next-gen console. And it won't have the novelty factor the first Wii had. Wii 2 is about bringing the Wii up to parity with 2005-launched consoles.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher View Post
              The company has been outselling its competition by 100% or more on a month-to-month basis for years.

I find it fascinating someone who supposedly writes in the industry hasn't seen that the 360 has been outselling the Wii every month for about a year now.

360 sales are up 60% year over year...Wii sales are down what, 40-50%?
              To be fair, in the next sentence he says that it has slowed down now and it is now selling on par with the competition.
              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

As for their "next console", rumour has it it's based on 3-4 year old ATI cards with a tri-core PowerPC processor (like the Xbox 360). Just like the Wii was when it was released.

Wii 2 sounds to be like Wii -- comes out based on old technology, gets embarrassed by true next-gen console. And it won't have the novelty factor the first Wii had. Wii 2 is about bringing the Wii up to parity with 2005-launched consoles.
                This is exactly what he says, but he is more positive that it'll work.

Comment

As for their "next console", rumour has it it's based on 3-4 year old ATI cards with a tri-core PowerPC processor (like the Xbox 360). Just like the Wii was when it was released.

Nintendo will stop selling crappy products as soon as they stop making money.
                  John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

• NPD May 2011

Hardware
                    PlayStation 3: ~177K (by indirect calculation)
                    Xbox 360: 270K

Software
                    01. L.A. Noire (360, PS3) Take 2 Interactive
                    02. Brink (360, PS3, PC) Bethesda Softworks
                    03. Lego Pirates of the Caribbean: The Video Game (Wii, 360, NDS, PS3, 3DS, PSP, PC) Disney Interactive Studios
                    04. Portal 2 (360, PS3, PC) Electronic Arts
                    05. Mortal Kombat 2011 (PS3, 360) Warner Bros. Interactive
                    06. Call of Duty: Black Ops (360, PS3, Wii, NDS, PC) Activision Blizzard
                    07. Zumba Fitness: Join the Party (Wii, 360, PS3) Majesco
                    08. NBA 2K11 (360, PS3, Wii, PS2, PSP, PC) Take 2 Interactive
                    09. Just Dance 2 (Wii) Ubisoft
                    10. Lego Star Ware III: The Clone Wars (Wii, NDS, 360, PS3, 3DS, PSP, PC) Lucasarts

360 up 39% year over year

Comment

• L.A. Noire got bad reviews too though I guess spending lots of money on advertising can still get the kiddies to buy a game no matter what the reviews say.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
                        L.A. Noire got bad reviews too though I guess spending lots of money on advertising can still get the kiddies to buy a game no matter what the reviews say.
                        Are you being sarcastic or just being "Oerdin the Wrong"

LA Noire at Metacritic

Metacritic score of 89.

AV Club and 1UP gave it perfect 100 scores; Gamespot and Machinima gave it a 90; IGN gave it an 85

WHAT BAD REVIEWS?! Huh?
                        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Brink on the other hand was the second best selling game and it has a metacritic score of 69. It also had zero advertising. Go figure that one out.
                          "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Gamasutra har similar numbers as Asher's, only 2k less PS3 sales, but it also has the numbers on 3DS and Wii:

Xbox 360: 270,000
                            Wii: 236,000
                            PS3: 175,000
                            3DS: 97,000

Comment

• So is the 3DS is bomb?

Comment

• It hasn't done nearly as good as Nintendo hoped and DS did, that's quite certain. I love Nintendo and all, but myself I don't like 3D. It makes me feel ill. Worst movie experience ever was watching Avatar in 3D, so uncomforable. IIRC, 10-20% of the population get ill to some degree watching 3D, same number see no 3D as it "should" be and the rest sees it okay. That alienates 20-40% of the potential market. 3D can't do well in the long run. It's a fad.

Comment

Working...
                                X