No announcement yet.

Console Wars VI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seems like PS3 is finally overtaking the X359 in terms of shipped units. Guess it was inevitable, after all PS3 was always far ahead its time spec wise.

The leading source brandable domain names. Competitive prices. Excellent service. Get your domain name today.
    Last edited by laurentius; November 1, 2010, 20:33. Reason: link
    Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

• Originally posted by laurentius View Post
      Seems like PS3 is finally overtaking the X359 in terms of shipped units. Guess it was inevitable, after all PS3 was always far ahead its time spec wise.

http://consolepress.com/main/2010/10...wn-to-nothing/
      I see your hiatus from the site has not made you any less retarded.

1) The 360 is still shipping more than the PS3
      2) Sony's numbers are suspicious, they're stuffing the channel. They're reporting shipped consoles, NOT sold.

As for being far ahead of its time...

1) The PS3's CPU has been a dud, Cell is all but abandonded. It was not revolutionary. It was different, but not in such a way that was what Sony said it would do.
      2) The PS3's GPU was obsolete by the time the PS3 shipped -- it's a cut-down GeForce 7900GT.

I've heard from PS3 fanboys like you about how the PS3 was going to overtake the 360 since it came out. It clearly hasn't.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Oh Hi! Still posting from the special camp for 360 retarded? Ms pays you good right?

- Paul Valery

Comment

• The Xbox 360 is going into its sixth year, and you're still harping how the PS3 is closing the gap. We all know who is retarded here.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Its only been 2 years now where Nintendo and Sony started to report as per Macroretard.

- Paul Valery

Comment

• Come on you got best figures right here but you still spit?

- Paul Valery

Comment

• So, any exclusives coming for 2011?

- Paul Valery

Comment

• But hey Im sure after all these years we can be mature about it and just congratulate the stronger opponent.

- Paul Valery

Comment

• Originally posted by laurentius View Post
                    Its only been 2 years now where Nintendo and Sony started to report as per Macroretard.
                    WTFstupid

Comment

• Thats it? sore loser are we?

- Paul Valery

Comment

• I have had good use for my PS3, mainly for watching video though. It rocks. I have a few games, but my gaming is mostly PC based. And Mario. Lots of Mario. Which is where the Wii excels: Great fun with Nintendo's flagships, revisiting of old classics on the WiiShop and some Wii Sports fun with those casual friends.
                        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• Xbox 360 sold 325k in October, MS announced (source is NPD).

Sony and Nintendo have not reported theirs.

NPD also says the Xbox 360 has been the #1 selling console year to date, with 3.5M sold in the US as of Oct 31.

Comment

• Now this is like solving a puzzle...

360 was the only console up year over year according to NPD.
                            360 sold 325k.

Last year's numbers:
                            PlayStation 3 320.6K
                            Xbox 360 249.7K
                            Wii 506.9K

Which means, again, that the Wii is way, way down and the PS3 below 320k, but probably close to even.

Edit: Sony PR admits they did not even grow over last month's totals, which means less than 310k. But they're damned happy that apparently Move sales are up 15% since last month. From what I gather, they still pale in comparison to Kinect (1 million in a few days), with analysts predicting the Kinect will outsell Move by "67%" over the holiday season this year.

Edit2: Next month should be interesting. Eurogamer says console sales doubled week over week with the Kinect launch, and Nov/Dec tend to be insane months as is.
                            Last edited by Asher; November 17, 2010, 00:33.

Comment

• More info, not that anyone cares.

Wii sales year over year for Oct:
                              Wii Oct 08 - 803,000
                              Wii Oct 09 - 506,900
                              Wii Oct 10 - 232,000

Software sales:

360: $265 million
                              PS3: $186 million
                              WII: $91 million
                              NDS: $49 million

PS2 + PSP: $14 million (605 - 591)

Some sales numbers for games:
                              Software:

01. NBA 2K11 (360, PS3, PS2, PSP, WII, PC) TAKE 2 INTERACTIVE
                              New! 02. Fallout: New Vegas **(360, PS3, PC) BETHESDA SOFTWORKS - 1,117,000
                              03. Medal of Honor **(360, PS3, PC) ELECTRONIC ARTS
                              New! 04. Fable III **(360) MICROSOFT - 580K - Second highest individual SKU
                              05. Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II **(360, PS3, WII, PC, NDS) LUCASARTS
                              New! 06. Halo: Reach **(360) MICROSOFT - 315K
                              New! 07. Just Dance 2 (WII) UBISOFT - 286K
                              08. FIFA Soccer 11 (PS3, 360, WII, PS2, PSP, NDS, PC) ELECTRONIC ARTS
                              09. Madden NFL 11 (360, PS3, WII, PS2, PSP) ELECTRONIC ARTS
                              New! 10. WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2011 (PS3, 360, PS2, WII, PSP) THQ - 225K

**(includes CE, GOTY editions, bundles, etc. but not those bundled with hardware)

New! 15. Rock Band 3 (All Platforms)

New! Fallout: New Vegas Xbox 360 SKU Only - 679K - Top individual SKU
                              New! Fallout: New Vegas (PC) -- 107K (Retail Only)
                              New! Fallout: New Vegas PS3 -- 331K (via math)

HW sales numbers:
                              360 325k
                              PS3 250k
                              Wii 232k

List of the bombs of the month:
                              New! XX. Wii Party - Notably Less Than 150,000
                              New! XX. Kirby's Epic Yarn - ~100,000
                              New! XX. DJ Hero 2 - 59,000
                              New! XX. NBA Jam - Less Than 50,000
                              New! XX. EA MMA - 45,000
                              New! XX. Shaun White Skateboarding - Less Than 6000
                              New! XX. Tony Hawk Shred - 3000

Should be an epic november/december for the 360.

Comment

• 2.5 million Kinects sold in 25 days. That's pretty damn impressive.

Their Entertainment division's revenues will be quite insane...

Comment

Working...
                                X