No announcement yet.

Console Wars VI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You can find all three for $40 including shipping on eBay?

Good luck with that.

I hate ebay because it's only useful to find Canadian sellers. US sellers double the price just to ship to Canada.

eBay is for chumps.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher View Post

I hate ebay because it's only useful to find Canadian sellers. US sellers double the price just to ship to Canada.
      Then buy from Canadian sellers?

Comment

• Canadians, being more wealthy than you, don't need to buy their **** from second-hand shops. SNAP.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• No, they have to wait until they can buy old half decent games in a triple pack.

Comment

• NPD July 09

PlayStation 2 108K
            PlayStation 3 121.8K
            Xbox 360 202.9K
            Wii 252.5K

1) Wii SPORTS RESORT W/ WII MOTION PLUS (WII) 508.2K
            2) NCAA FOOTBALL 10 (360) 376.5K
            3) NCAA FOOTBALL 10 (PS3) 237.4K
            4) WII FIT W/ BALANCE BOARD* (WII) 164.3K
            5) MARIO KART W/ WHEEL (WII) 156.6K
            6) MARIO KART DS (NDS) 132.2K
            7) POKEMON PLATINUM VERSION (NDS) 116.4K
            8) FIGHT NIGHT ROUND 4 (360) 116.4K
            9) NEW SUPER MARIO BROS (NDS) 101.8K
            10) EA SPORTS ACTIVE BUNDLE (WII) 96.8K
            11) Wii Play w/ Remote (WII) 61k-95k
            12) Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 (WII) 61k-95k
            13) Fight Night Round 4 (PS3) 61k-95k
            14) UFC 2009: Undisputed (360) 61k-95k
            15) Punch-Out!! (WII) 61k-95k
            16) Transformers: Revenge Autobots (NDS) 61k-95k
            17) Prototype (360) 61k-95k
            18) Major League Baseball 2K9 (360) 61k-95k
            19) The Legendary Starfy (NDS) 61k-95k
            20) NCAA Football 10 (PS2) 61k-75k

--- HW compared to last year:
            360 down 2,100
            Wii down 303,000
            PS3 down 103,000

---
            HW sales, July vs June

Wii = -30%
            PS2 = -29%
            PS3 = -26%
            PSP = -25.5%
            360 = -16%

The trend continues...360 is on pace to eclipse the Wii in sales again very shortly. The termination of the 360 Pro and bringing the 360 Elite down to the Pro's pricepoint will help also.

July was a 4 week month for NPD, June was a 5 week month. Taking this into account, the 360 sold slightly higher and all the others sold worse.

Comment

• Certainly a loose definition of "again" asher, considering that the 360 hasn't outsold the wii since Halo 3 sept 2007. And before that, only the 2 wii launch months. How many of those other months even were within 50k?

Considering that the 360 has been msrp'd at well below the wii for nearly a year, well, I guess getting within 50k at this point is a moral victory. Can't point to software sales at this point, as evidenced above.

I'm more interested to see what happens with the ps3 in the next few weeks, if a slim is introduced, at what price, and the sales fallout. Any predictions?

Comment

• It's not that loose of a definition. It's happened, as you said, three times. And obviously many more months before that since the Wii was late to the game.

I'll predict the new PS3 will be $100 cheaper. Sales will bump up to 360 territory for one month, then fall behind again.

Comment

• In other news I saw Devil May Cry 4 today for £8 new, delivered.

Comment

• Sony is announcing a $299 PS3 Slim today. Should spice things up.

That'll put it in direct competition with the new Xbox 360 Elite pricepoint ($299), and $100 more than the Arcade unit ($199).

Comment

• First week of September it's out.

Same features and functionality. 120 GB HDD. 34 % less power consumption. 34 percent lighter. $299.

Edit: Price is $299 starting tomorrow for 80GB PS3 models
                      Last edited by Asher; August 18, 2009, 13:56.

Comment

• "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Hmm that's pretty cheap given that it's a Blu-Ray player too (though prices seem to be coming down on the better players as well). And the game library is growing, even if the exclusives aren't as good as the 360 yet.

Comment

• "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• this makes ps3 worthwhile. but i wonder if its too late and people are still gonna go for 360 to join the horde of people already owning the dominant console.
                              :-p

Comment

• 360 has the momentum and the games library and online community, and PS3 has bluray.

There's no way the PS3 can ever hope to eclipse the 360 in sales. They're just trying to revive the brand so they can get a PS4 out before the next Xbox.

Comment

Working...
                                X