No announcement yet.

Console Wars VI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If we're deploying anecdotal evidence my mate, his wife and his kids regularly play Wii Sports, Wii fit, and those horrible lego games you like so much (I can see why the kids like them though). They own Brian Crecente's mum.

Comment

• You are a known liar (see the CoD thread!), a Brit, AND an arts graduate, so your anecdotal evidence is worthless.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• I win.

Comment

• I just noticed that everyone who joined this site in Sept 2001 is a scourge.

Oerdin, Loraziel, and you. At the very least.

This is suspicious.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• You should start up a thread in the OT about it

nice article full of graphs and facts about tie rates for the big three:

Get the latest news on video game development. Read breaking stories, updates, and industry highlights published daily.

My question, where is the PS2 data in that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher View Post
              You are a known liar (see the CoD thread!), a Brit, AND an arts graduate, so your anecdotal evidence is worthless.
              another truly content filled post.
              "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

• Humour is content, not that you would understand.

Comment

• April 09 NPD

The Wii bandwagon wheels are flying off

PlayStation 2 172K
                  PlayStation 3 127K
                  Xbox 360 175K
                  Wii 340K

FIT W/ BALANCE BOARD NINTENDO OF AMERICA Wii 471K
                  POKEMON PLATINUM VERSION NINTENDO OF AMERICA NDS 433K
                  MARIO KART W/ WHEEL NINTENDO OF AMERICA Wii 210K
                  PLAY W/ REMOTE NINTENDO OF AMERICA Wii 170K
                  THE GODFATHER II ELECTRONIC ARTS 360 155K
                  RESIDENT EVIL 5* CAPCOM USA 360 122K
                  NEW SUPER MARIO BROS NINTENDO OF AMERICA NDS 119K
                  MARIO KART DS NINTENDO OF AMERICA NDS 112K
                  GUITAR HERO AEROSMITH* ACTIVISION BLIZZARD (CORP) 360 110K
                  THE GODFATHER II ELECTRONIC ARTS PS3 91K

----

PS3: Down 60k from last year
                  360: Down 13k from last year
                  Wii: Down 374k from last year

Comment

• Shows how dominant the Wii is if it can sell twice as many units as the nearest competitor and still be seen as a bad month. Were Wii sales really over 700K last year? That's amazing.

Only other thought was how big a flop Halo Wars was. Bit of a blow to MS. The sea of dross continues even on the 360, the strongest gaming platform.

Comment

• It has sold 1.18 million units already, as an RTS on a console. Flop is not a word for that game, as it is clearly profitable.

Comment

• It's all relative - yeah it's an RTS and profitable but it's part of the biggest 360 franchise going, and I think MS would have wanted much more.

Comment

• Btw thanks for confirming the dominance of the Wii - very mature of you.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrSpike View Post
                            It's all relative - yeah it's an RTS and profitable but it's part of the biggest 360 franchise going, and I think MS would have wanted much more.
                            It did quite well for a rts on a console. HW is a fundamentally different game than the other Halos, so I wouldn't expect the Halo name to carry it too far.

In other news, the PS3 continues to suck.
                            Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

It's all relative - yeah it's an RTS and profitable but it's part of the biggest 360 franchise going, and I think MS would have wanted much more.
                              I can't see how MS could've expected any different. The general consensus was it'll sell decently, but it's ultimately an RTS on a console. They put the big franchise on it as an attempt to popularize the genre on the console, but they didn't expect it to sell many millions of copies within months...you're being completely silly.

To call a game that sold 1.18 million copies in a couple months a "flop" is patently ridiculous and shows you to be ignorant of the market in general. Add in the fact that it's an RTS game on the console and it's actually doing a bit better than many people would have thought, myself included.

Comment

Btw thanks for confirming the dominance of the Wii - very mature of you.
                                Why is it that you've become a big troll ever since you've become moderator? Even worse is it's a boring one.

Of course the Wii has been dominating sales for quite some time. This has been discussed at length in this forum.

Your holier than thou, referee shtick is wearing thin. Be warned.

Comment

Working...
                                X