Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think now I have to join Steam.

Nice deal.

The Orange Box is a bundle that includes five titles from Valve: Half-Life 2; Half-Life 2:Episode 1; Half-Life 2: Episode Two; Team Fortress 2, the sequel to the game that put class-based, multiplayer team warfare on the map; and Portal, the game that blends puzzles, first person action, and adventu
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

• ok before this forum gets derailed some more by OFF-TOPIC posts, that should be somewhere else -hint, take your non-whining(in this case) somewhere else Asher

Some PC games stuff to look at. Two things from gamasutra, one an article(with links to more articles) talking to Peter 'we fixed Fable in Fable2' Molyneux, with some good bits and pieces - here:

Explore the latest news and expert commentary on Game Platforms, brought to you by the editors of Game Developer

The other a link to the latest bunch of indie 'best off' selected games - here:

Explore the latest news and expert commentary on Game Platforms, brought to you by the editors of Game Developer

Comment

• Why do you mention me in every single one of your posts? It's creepy.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• The last two posts of mine is hardly 'every'. I think you are just, i don't know, maybe pushing a little against the new controllers of Apolyton? Even you have to admit your thread about Juggler was OT for the Other Games forum, and should have been put in the admin/site forum.

But dont worry - after your Dale experience i'm not going to give you a hard time, but please keep things here OT Asher, it's good to come here and talk about games, and not posters as i'm sure you now appriciate. That's all i say on it now i've got your attention, thanks.

Comment

• I think the question of who should moderate OG is on topic for OG, particularly given some posters don't go to A/C much. However, the issue has been dealt with (in a very smart manner I might add ) and it's definitely not on topic for this thread.

So, LotM, did you get Orange Box yet? I think you'll really like Portal.

Comment

• Originally posted by El_Cid View Post
              The last two posts of mine is hardly 'every'. I think you are just, i don't know, maybe pushing a little against the new controllers of Apolyton? Even you have to admit your thread about Juggler was OT for the Other Games forum, and should have been put in the admin/site forum.

But dont worry - after your Dale experience i'm not going to give you a hard time, but please keep things here OT Asher, it's good to come here and talk about games, and not posters as i'm sure you now appriciate. That's all i say on it now i've got your attention, thanks.
              El_Cid, come on.

Your posts mentioning me WAS THE DEFINITION OF OFF-TOPIC. You are now making more posts which proves the fact.

If you're going to continue this act of being a goody-goody on-topic poster, then at least put some honest effort into it.

1. If you don't want me to reply to something, a good start is to NOT MENTION ME IN IT.
              2. If you don't want me to discuss something 'off-topic' then DON'T MENTION IT RANDOMLY IN A POST WITHOUT PROVOCATION

Get real. DrSpike, do your job and reinforce this common sense to El_Cid, because I'm not going to have people provoke me then whine when I reply.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• I've already said that issues and views around the Juggler thread are not on topic for this thread, which I expect to contain vibrant discussion of PC gaming.

Comment

• Would you be upset if I wrote an RSS aggregator to link all gamasutra articles in this thread? It'd save El_Cid a lot of time.

Comment

• Yes, then we would not be able to enjoy El_Cid's wonderful commentary on the articles.
                    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

• Originally posted by DrSpike View Post
                      I think the question of who should moderate OG is on topic for OG, particularly given some posters don't go to A/C much. However, the issue has been dealt with (in a very smart manner I might add ) and it's definitely not on topic for this thread.

So, LotM, did you get Orange Box yet? I think you'll really like Portal.

I've had a busy weekend, so no. I am still barely finding time to play XCOM. I figure Orange Box will be on sale again at some point.
                      Last edited by lord of the mark; May 3, 2009, 21:08. Reason: replacing vague pronoun
                      "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

• Yeah it will, and actually given that you didn't entirely love HL you might actually be better off just looking around for a cheap download of Portal.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrSpike View Post
                          Yeah it will, and actually given that you didn't entirely love HL you might actually be better off just looking around for a cheap download of Portal.
                          Dr Spike, this Other Games forum, sadly, is dead. If you care to discuss Portal with me, you know where to find me.

Comment

• DrSpike, do your job and kick LOTM on out of here. This is not the first time he's tried to direct posters to leave the site. The post contributed nothing and encouraged people to leave.

only one recourse for you...

He is ruining this site.

Comment

• Isn't HL2 very different from HL?

I didn't finish either to be honest. I mostly liked TF/CS/etc.

JM
                              Jon Miller-
                              I AM.CANADIAN
                              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• HL2 is one of the most overrated games I've ever played. I tried 3 or 4 times to get into it and never played it more than a couple hours each.

Comment

Working...
                                X