Hey Asher!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dale

Nice tech support btw. Supply a single DLL file which when copied onto the PC will still not be registered in the registry and have potential other system issues, such as incompatibility with the other older DX files on there.

Nice going! I suppose you're one of those pathetic support people who charge low for the first outing deliberately causing other "issues" that you then charge a high premium for.

The OP's best course is to DL the full update and make sure all the DX files are updated and the correct versions, thus fixing the initial problem and avoiding any other potential issues.

Which is what I said initially.
    Holy ****, I quit.

You don't need to register d3dx files, you plop them into windows\system32. The directory is already registered. It doesn't have any incompatibility issues, WTF are you talking about.

GIVE IT UP.

PS: I am not a support person. WTF do you think I do?

I'm a software architect, I design software and write parts of it. I'm in another league from the poor people who have to support idiots like you. Downloading a 75MB update that requires a reboot to install a file you can download for under a meg from the web is retarded. Not to mention that this file and its installer is located on the game disc, as it has to be.

You're the kind of "support person" who tells people to reinstall and reformat windows whenever something doesn't work. The more system-wide ****ing around you do, the more likely something is to break. If it's missing a single simple file, replace that, don't **** with the whole of the system.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I don't think you need to register dll's Dale.
      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

You must be a pretty ordinary software designer/programmer if you think newer versions of DX files will work with older ones.

Or do you program for Macs?

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai
          I don't think you need to register dll's Dale.
          You should register all DLL's in the registry to avoid potential problems.

eg: regsvr32 d3dx9_35.dll

Comment

If you say so. I'm not knowledgeable on these matters.
            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

You must be a pretty ordinary software designer/programmer if you think newer versions of DX files will work with older ones.
              Oh my ****ING GOD you are hopeless. When did I ever say something like that? ****ing hell
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

You should register all DLL's in the registry to avoid potential problems.

eg: regsvr32 d3dx9_35.dll
                This is simply redundant, and if you understood how Windows works you'd know why. In brief, C:\Windows\system32 is a special system folder. Any time you copy a file into that directory, it's registered. The same is true for the system Font directory and the .NET GAC.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai
                  From PI's support forum(you need to register your game to acess it, so I just copy it here just in case:

Hello everyone,

*** This is a reference thread only.... please do not post here ***

If you get the following message when Loading EU3 In Nominee:

"This application has failed to start because d3dx9_35.dll was not found"

Or any other message that has d3dx9_35.dll in it please try to download the latest version of DirectX 9.0C from the following site.

EU3 In Nominee Requires the latest version of DirectX 9.0c March 2008 release.

Here is the direct link to the full download (tends to be faster)

download, software, update, Microsoft, product, computer, PC, Windows, Office, server, MSN, Live, game, Xbox, security, driver, install, trial, preview, demo, popular

Thanks JPD for that!
                  Thanks dtroiani for the Sticky

NOTE: Simply downloading one of the above files does NOT install them on your system. You must extract the downloads to an empty directory - you could make a new one such as c:\dx9 - THEN run the installer DXSETUP.exe from there.
                  Hey, thanks man.
                  A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

If you didn't want to be treated rudely, Asher, you shouldn't have replied beyond the initial post, followed by a PM to MrFun that you aren't free tech support.
                    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

PMs are way too painful on Apolyton, and I did not expect to get lectured by some artist on Windows innards for many posts.

Comment

Well then, say "MrFun is would have been better to title your thread 'need help with EUIII' since it is more specific and other people could help you and open a thread that looks like it is specifically addressed to one person and people may ignore it".

And no one forced you to reply to Dale.
                        I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

My OCD-like reflex for stupidity and wrong information does make me reply.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                            PMs are way too painful on Apolyton, and I did not expect to get lectured by some artist on Windows innards for many posts.
                            To be fair I didn't actually lecture you, nor am I an artist. I asked you a question "Why wouldn't you update to the latest version of DirectX?". If you notice we actually agree on the fault, just the resolution paths are different, though essentially the same. Whatever, the end result would still be a functioning game for the OP.

And yet, the first thing you did was go off tap and all hate on me, even though I agreed with you. "Way to make friends and influence them". Funny thing is, you do it all the time on these forums. Someone agrees with you and yet you go all hate at them. Nice attitude dude.

But whatever, I don't care.

Comment

If you agreed with me, I wouldn't have a problem. The fact is you said things that were blatantly wrong -- stuff I do NOT agree with -- while arguing with me about how to go about fixing it.

I'm not here to make friends and influence people, I've got enough friends in the real world that I don't need to compensate by pretending to be nice to people who infuriate me online.

Comment

Actually, the fact is we agreed on something, you insulted me for asking a question and since then everything else has been bait cuz it's so easy to get a rise out of you.

Comment

Working...
                                X