No announcement yet.

SWTOR Announced Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BioWare isn't really making this game. It's their new Austin office, which is home to many castaways of many failed games.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by conmcb25
      Well obviously an MMO takes a heck of a lot more effort than an RPG resource wise.

But Bioware did well with Kotor I and II didn't they? Maybe a Kotor III is in the cards for the future. Its just going to take a lot longer than we wanted it to take...
      Yeah, I hope they get to KOTOR 3 eventually. It would just be an easy way to print money for them, after all.

But Bioware didn't do KOTOR 2 even. That was Obsidian, the company where a lot of their exiles went.

However, I do think there's a bit of exaggeration in some of the publicity statements, such as: "this game will be bigger/better than KOTOR 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9" and "this game will have more content than all of Bioware's titles combined!"

Rather than making me excited, these statements make me think the game companies are deliberately lying to me.
      The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
      "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
      "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
      The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

However, I do think there's a bit of exaggeration in some of the publicity statements, such as: "this game will be bigger/better than KOTOR 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9" and "this game will have more content than all of Bioware's titles combined!"
        Do you play MMORPGs? It's not an exaggeration, they continually add content to the game over years so that they ARE much bigger than maybe a couple dozen games put together.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
          Totally ruined seems like an exaggeration, too.

Coruscant has been bombed about a dozen times in the EU already. This doesn't seem like a big deal.
          when I play EU I prefer to go for the Italian provinces.
          "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

I don't think he's talking about EU lotm.
            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

The blind leading the blind here...

LOTM was trying to be funny.

Comment

I know.

really, I know of few, if any, people on this forum that is appearing so stupid as you. And certainly no one who at the top of that believes himself so smart.
                Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

Yes, I must be the stupid one here.

It's certainly not people like you, who claim Norway isn't being affected by the credit crisis because a radio station interviewed a couple guys on the street who said they weren't affected, and has the sense of humour of a salamander.

Comment

Start by getting your facts straight, and you'll risk at least appearing to not be totally lost. You know, and I know, that the only reason you are after me yet again, is because I'm a Christian. Same goes for lotm. You hate people who are religious. I'm really tired of seeing you pestering every single discussion and thread you are visiting on this place. I've yet to see you act nicely to people, except for the short time you played Mr Snuggles. You are one of the few negative things with this place, Apolyton is in many ways my home on the internet, and I am tired of seeing you poison it. Can't you for ONCE just discuss the topic and not try to ridiculy everyone else?

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai
                      Start by getting your facts straight, and you'll risk at least appearing to not be totally lost. You know, and I know, that the only reason you are after me yet again, is because I'm a Christian. Same goes for lotm. You hate people who are religious.
                      Here you go, hopping on the stupid train again.

I also hate Agathon, who is very much anti-religious. Urban Ranger was also a devout atheist.

You're playing the victim card. I don't give a **** if you're religious, I'm more bothered by the fact that you have zero sense of humour and you're perhaps the most naive person I've ever known. You sort of stroll into threads with a big blank smile on your face and the comments you insert are just awkward or superficial and very, very seldom do they contribute anything of value to this site. They're filler at best and spam at worst. Most of your posts towards me are of the social commentary variety, which also really pisses me off and, perhaps ironically, is what really fuels my dislike for you. It has nothing to do with your Christianity, though your personality on this board is identical to Ned Flanders which is very amusing to me. I seriously read your posts with Ned Flanders' voice in my head.

My qualms with LOTM have more to do with the fact that he makes it his mission to post lots of claims about subjects he has no knowledge in, without even attempting to do basic research first. Over and over again.

The one trait you both share, though, is the complete lack of any sense of humour. You can blame that on you both being extremely religious, I don't know why nor do I care why you have no sense of humour -- you just do.

Comment

Now if a mod would be kind enough to close this dupe thread.

Comment

Working...
                        X