Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MrFun
    Again, so what?

If LOTRO requires a monthly subscription for those who missed out on the one-time payment for lifetime subscription, the expense is close to the same as WoW.
    They have no excuse now, they can still get the lifetime.

The no monthly fees is huge. It means you don't feel bad if you don't play for a month when things get busy or you get into other games. It means you can approach it more leisurely.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Well, not too leisurely or you wouldn't be advised to stump up a large sum up front for infinite playtime in an MMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrSpike
        Well, not too leisurely or you wouldn't be advised to stump up a large sum up front for infinite playtime in an MMO.
        It's leisurely alright.

It's nice because for me, MMOs are for when there's not a lot of games out to play. They're my standby.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• But the expansion is being released at a time you've just got Fallou 3, GoW2 and RB2. So you appear to be in a quandary.

Comment

• WoW @ $15/mo for 4 years : $720

Just incase you think the $199 for the lifetime for LOTRO was a "large sum"...

Comment

But the expansion is being released at a time you've just got Fallou 3, GoW2 and RB2. So you appear to be in a quandary.
              Quandary solved: I'm taking thurs and friday off this week for a LOTRO marathon with the SO. Then he has finals/exams for a month or so, which I will not play LOTRO for (since we play together), whilst I focus on Fallout 3, Gears of War 2, RB2, Left 4 Dead, and Little Big Planet. (I beat Resistance 2 this weekend). For xmas I'm getting GHWT and Call of Duty World at War.

Comment

• Also, the Sins expansion comes out this week.

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher

They have no excuse now, they can still get the lifetime.
                  I understand your no-monthly fee point; it would great if WoW had no monthly subscription fee but that won't stop me from playing a fun, cool game.

Also, if LOTRO still offers that lifetime, one payment then this changes my perspective of this whole discussion.

I thought in an earlier post of yours, you mentioned that that offer was only for a limited time at the time LOTRO was first released or something.
                  A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

WoW @ $15/mo for 4 years : $720

Just incase you think the $199 for the lifetime for LOTRO was a "large sum"...
                    Yes, because gamers that take a leisurely approach to gaming often play MMOs for 4 years.

Comment

• I think you two should just kiss and make up.

Comment

I understand your no-monthly fee point; it would great if WoW had no monthly subscription fee but that won't stop me from playing a fun, cool game.

Also, if LOTRO still offers that lifetime, one payment then this changes my perspective of this whole discussion.

I thought in an earlier post of yours, you mentioned that that offer was only for a limited time at the time LOTRO was first released or something.
                        It is limited time. You can only do it when pre-ordering the game (can't do that anymore) or the expansion (you can do that until midnight tonight ).

Comment

Yes, because gamers that take a leisurely approach to gaming often play MMOs for 4 years.
                          It's not very leisurely to constantly subscribe and unsubscribe every time they want to play for a day or two.

I use leisurely because I may play once in the month, or less, or much more. I can't gauge it ahead of time, it depends on what I feel like and how busy I am with work, life, and other things. For this reason, it is unreasonable to actively manage a monthly subscription. It's not leisurely, in any case. I know a few people who still subscribe to WoW because they still feel like they may play it any day now, but they're just too busy. Months go by before you even know it...

Comment

• Yeah, I understand why it makes sense for you.

For me I played WoW pretty heavily for 4 months then I burnt out and quit. I don't ever see myself playing an MMO for longer, and I'd have to rack up a few 4 month spells to make a lifetime sub worthwhile.

Equally, I don't often do leisurely - if I play a game I do it properly. I usually have one main game, and maybe 1-2 backup games depending on the genre of the main game. So for me it doesn't make sense from that perspective either.

Comment

It is limited time. You can only do it when pre-ordering the game (can't do that anymore) or the expansion (you can do that until midnight tonight ).
                              I'm not an impulsive shopper though, so I won't be takin up on this deal with this kind of last minute notice.

Besides, I visited LOTRO's website a short while ago today. I wasn't impressed by the website's layout. On WoW's website, they had links for just about any topic that you want information on. With LOTRO's website you have to download the manual or use the search feature.

Comment

I'm not an impulsive shopper though, so I won't be takin up on this deal with this kind of last minute notice.

Besides, I visited LOTRO's website a short while ago today. I wasn't impressed by the website's layout. On WoW's website, they had links for just about any topic that you want information on. With LOTRO's website you have to download the manual or use the search feature.
                                Is this a joke?

What information are you looking for? WoW's website is absolutely pathetic compare to LOTRO's for game info.

If you just want general game info, what's wrong with the big GAME INFO section?

Comment

Working...
                                X