No announcement yet.

Lord of the Rings Online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would have started playing last Winter if I could have convinved someone else.

JM
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• seems neither walmart nor Target has this game. I may have to go to a real computer store. *sigh*

The main game doesn't seem to be available for download, only the xp. Still a game I'd like to try in the future. doesn't look like it's going to happen this week.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dis View Post
        seems neither walmart nor Target has this game. I may have to go to a real computer store. *sigh*

The main game doesn't seem to be available for download, only the xp. Still a game I'd like to try in the future. doesn't look like it's going to happen this week.

Google LOTRO Free Trial

The client is available via download, or better yet get a referal from Asher or someone else who is currently playing.
        *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

• PM me your email and I'll send over an invite.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• I am downloading the client and will probably play tomorrow night or possibly even tonight.

My old character was a Hobbit Burglar. Not sure if I will play him or start someone new on Ashers server.

JM
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN
            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• I'm downloading the game right now. They had two downloads for the 10 day trial. The small one, or the full install. I decided to download as neither Fry's or Best buy had the game on their online sites. So I didn't even bother driving down to the stores (though they may have them). They had the XP, but not the original. But maybe the XP comes bundled with the original? It doesn't say it does, so I'm assuming it doesn't.

I hope the install is for both the game and XP. My internet is slow, and it's taking forever. I was over 100 kpbs, now down to 16 . I wish I could get better internet. Up to 51 kbps now. I'm at 51% complete.

So anyways the install is 6771 MB. Which is 6.7 gigs right? so maybe it's the main game. It says mines of moria at the top. I'm hoping it's both. But we'll see. I was thinking at first it was only 671 MB- and was thinking it was only the XP. But 6.7 gigs sounds like the main game.

Comment

• Some of the coolest aspects of the game (like the legendary item system) are only available post-L50, sadly (Mines of Moria content).

Also, if you're looking for a class different from the other MMORPGs, check out the Warden and the Runekeeper.

Warden: http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Warden
                Runekeeper: http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Rune-keeper
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• I was either going to go with minstrel or runekeeper. Warden seems kind of interesting too.

Comment

• Minstrel is like Priest from WoW. Just so you know.

Comment

• I'm downloading it, but will be tied up with family business for the weekend. My old man is turning 60. But I should be playing by Sunday night.
                      John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

• If you guys join up on Brandywine, hit me up on one of my chars: Ashgar (main), Mashgar, Sharelm.

Between my SO and I we have Supreme Master (maxed) craftsman for every trade, so we can send you some good gear.

Comment

• Just for you, Felch.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Personally I prefer the bouquet of finely aged Old Toby.
                            John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

• Looking at it, I am pretty sure I was over 20 (I did the Bree and Hobbit area quests).

I might move my Burglar and start a Warden if I continue.

JM
                              Jon Miller-
                              I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

• hmm doesn't look like I can play with my unauthorized copy of windows. One of these days I'll buy windows. But I was going to wait till I build a new system this fall.

It needs microsoft NET framework version 2.0 in order to run LOTRO it appears. And that requires service pack 2 which I can't get with my unauthorized copy of windows. the framework will works on Windows 98 2nd edition, but I really don't want to go back to that. I don't even know if LOTRO will run on 98, or much of my other stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X