Originally posted by DarkCloud
    I ran one test:

A1- 20 army ; 5 tech

A1*AT
    (100)

A2- 5 army ; 6 tech

A2*AT
    (30)

results in one casualty for the attacker under the current system.

If you change it to merely survivors= instead of causalties=, then there is only one survivor for the attacker.
    difference=100-30=70/5=14.

Attacker has 6 casualties. Old system... it doesn't account for overwhelming numbers.

Survivors = (A1*AT1- A2*AT2)/(A1) ---For Two-Way War (A1 being the winner).

This actually is the old system with a better written formula.
    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Note-
      Revolution- 1/2 tax, 1/2 trade (full if calculated saved phase.) OR NOT USED 0 trade (unless that phase is saved, in which case trade is calculated as despotism), (full wonder income/turn)
      Just letting you know. That's what's decided on Revolution. Final say for this round. May be modified next round, but for now that appears to work with my coding. The or not used section is a note of an eventual change not currently used.
      -->Visit CGN!
      -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Also. Thank you theben.

Here's the final word on Two-Way casualties.

4CbI.) Two-Way (Field Battle) Casualties
        * The loser's entire attacking army is destroyed.

* The winning attacking army's surviving members are calculated as:

Survivors = (A1*AT1- A2*AT2)/(A1)

The casualties are:

Beginning Armies (-) Survivors = Casualties
        I think that clears up any problems.
        -->Visit CGN!
        -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Another issue, I think, is that DarkCloud did not consisently waste a spy on defence.
          “...This means GCA won 7 battles against our units, had Horsemen retreat from 2 battles against NMs, and lost 0 battles.” --Jon Shafer 1st ISDG

Comment

? You have to say what section you want to defend otherwise I won't defend any section.
            -->Visit CGN!

Comment

? You have to say what section you want to defend otherwise I won't defend any section.
              Reported who wasted a spy on defense.
              “...This means GCA won 7 battles against our units, had Horsemen retreat from 2 battles against NMs, and lost 0 battles.” --Jon Shafer 1st ISDG

Comment

Oh, the GM shouldn't report that.
                -->Visit CGN!

Comment

Oh, the GM shouldn't report that.
                  yes you did.

report jonny Iand I's wasted spies. And spaced saved one.

Comment

Well then I won't in the future unless the spy "counters" another spy.

Sorry.
                    -->Visit CGN!

Comment

How about a new government?

Technocracy - available with fusion
                      1x taxes, trade. Unlimited cities.
                      1/2 research cost.
                      Army support cost = army size / cities
                      "

Comment

No one is going to revolt when in the middle of a space race.
                        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

I would
                          "

Comment

You'd lose

Comment

Would you be happier if it were moved back to space flight?
                              "

Comment

Is that x1 tax like despotism or supposed to be (+)x1 aka x2 tax?

Comment

Working...
                                X