No announcement yet.

EU3: In Nomine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long has this expansion been out? BTW Is there a thread about Europa Universalis Rome? I was expecting that game some time ago, but then lost track of it. How did it turn out?
    Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
    The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
    The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Originally posted by Heraclitus
      How long has this expansion been out? BTW Is there a thread about Europa Universalis Rome? I was expecting that game some time ago, but then lost track of it. How did it turn out?
      IN was released in May.

I'm not sure if there was a Rome thread here or not; it came out in April, I got it in May... personally I thought it was so-so.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai
        That's correct. But it's the normal way to do it. And it's dirt cheap, unlike what's normal.
        With Civ4, you didn't need to buy Warlords to get BtS (and the Warlords features)... and same for Civ3 ...
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

You don't get all of the content though. But other than that, you are right. There are two things though: 1) PI is a small company in a small gaming niche, 2) PI's XPs are much cheaper than regular XPs.
          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Heraclitus
            As said, IN came in May. Rome turned out to be a very stable, but boring game. It has potential, but ATM it's not on my playing list. Think of it as EU3 before the XPs, only a little less fun.

PI have said they will announce their new project in the start of August btw, and rumours has it it'll be an XP to Rome. We'll see.

(what's up with the smiling smilie having been replaced with a black line figure looking like a man btw?)
            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

Well, EU3 was unpolished. It was a good game, but for one thing PI tried a slightly new approach with the franchise, which they didn't get right at first try. Also, the engine was brand new and lacked polishing. Napoleon's Ambition, the first XP, solved the speed issue that plagued vanilla and added some fixes the community wanted. In Nomine, however, made EU3 practically a new game. Lots of content was added, most of the things ingame was changed in some way to the better. Some examples are: New naval system, colonial system, pirate system, religious system, a mission/goal system was added to help both the player and the AI to focus(but it's optional of course if you want to use it), Byzantium was added, as the time frame was pushed back to 1399(you won't believe how much this was wanted, many of us are byzantophiles ). The list goes on, both large and small. It's practically an EU3.5.
              Agreed, I couldn't play Vanilla or NA EU3 after playing In Nominae.
              *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

I recommend people with IN to visit the official EU3 forum. As was the case with CK and EU2, EU3:IN now get beta patches in it's later life. A new beta patch is out now.

Comment

I recommend people with IN to visit the official EU3 forum. As was the case with CK and EU2, EU3:IN now get beta patches in it's later life. A new beta patch is out now.

What does the latest beta patch do???
                  *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Mostly bug fixes and a few corrections in game mechanics. Traditionally, the beta patches first and foremost focuses on MP and balancing. In EU2's case it also made the game much harder, but not in CK's case, so I'm not sure how it will do there. Here's the list of changes so far:

31st of October

- Fixed the common out-of-sync problem when loading savegames in multiplayer.
                    - Major trade nations are more likely to get targetted my competition in trade centres.
                    - Made a few optimisations to the game.
                    - Advisors now last a little bit shorter.
                    - Unemployed advisors now have a very high likelihood to move to another country as exclusive for them after the first year is up.
                    - Editbox in colonywindow is no longer autoselected.
                    - The winning avatar won't continue fighting after the battle is won.
                    - A siege will now end directly after it is broken by a attacker.
                    - Improved the reliability of selectionindicator.
                    - The avatar will now be facing in the correct direction when starting an assult.
                    - The avatar will now be marching in the correct direction.
                    - The avatar will now stop assulting if peace has arrived with the sieged country.
                    - Modified the scrollspeed for keyboard so the camera moves a bit faster.
                    - The camera won't change position anymore, if the game isn't in focus.
                    - Lobby port is no longer 1632, but 1638.
                    - Strategic AI: Separate check for suspension of merchants.
                    - Merchant AI: Slightly altered CoT priorities.
                    - Added Taizu as a Ming ruler from 1584
                    - Added Nurhachi as a Manchu ruler from 1583
                    - Fixed the "Naval officers are retiring" text
                    - Fixed the text for the "Force convert mission"
                    - Fixed three typos in the Bavarian and Tuscan monarch lists
                    - Fixed the Venetian core on Zeta at start
                    - Fixed the army names for Spain, Castille and the Teutonic Order
                    - Azerbaijan is no longer transferred to Russia in 1813
                    - Dauphine gets a core on Lyonnais from 1399
                    - Fixed the "Colonial Migration" event so that the same province isn't targeted twice
                    - Fixed the localisation errors for the two "Policy Changes" events
                    - Added the "Emergency talks" flag as a positive modifier to the "War ends with negotiated peace" and "War ends with negotiated peace" events
                    - Tweaked the "Tribal reform" decisions so that centralization plays a bigger role
                    - The "Indian trade company" decision is no longer visible to landlocked countries
                    - The "Establish trade in cot" decision won't trigger unless you own a cot
                    - The "Spanish Netherlands should be Catholic" mission aborts if Spain is no longer Catholic
                    - The "Conquer Ferrara", "Conquere Ancona" and "Annex Avignon" missions won't trigger if the owner is papal controller
                    - Fixed the success conditions of the "Rule the seas" mission
                    - Fixed the generic "Destabilize Rival" mission so that the player gets the reward
                    - The "Rival Army" and "Rival Navy" missions won't trigger if you're allied with the other nation
                    - The Manchu mission, "Start the Conquest of Ming China" won't trigger if Manchu is a vassal or lesser partner in a union
                    - The "Conquer Southern Korea" and "Establish footholding in Manchuria" missions will abort if the countries are not neighbours and don't have a port
                    - Changed the success conditions for the Spanish "Finish the reconquista" mission so that it's only cosidered a success if the Iberian peninsula is Catholic
                    - Fixed the Lithuanian "Defeat the Livonian Order" mission so that it affects the correct provinces
                    - The generic "Conquer Core" mission won't trigger for countries that are the lesser partner in a union
                    - Added target countries to the abort sections of the "Annex Novgorod", "Annex Sicily", "Annex Naples" and "Annex Prussia" mission
                    - Colonial rebels defection time has been decreased to 36 months from the old 72 months.
                    - War Exhaustion now increases revolt risk by +1 again.

Comment

I'm thinking about getting this and have noticed that the collection is available for less than £20.

Cashback from over 400 brands all on one platform. Shop with Rakuten & stack offers with discounts, voucher codes and cashback for great savings at top brands.

Comment

Go for it.

Comment

£18 is a great deal. Once i'm done with CK i'll pick this up. I really wasn't sure when PI announced the new engine, and as per usual didnt buy the game when it first came out, and i'm glad of that. Now with all the extra's it's sounding like the game it should have been

Comment

£18 is less than what a brand new expansion alone cost. Here you get the game and TWO XPs for that price. When that is said, the collector's edition cost €40 IIRC(or was it €50?). That too is a great price. A normal game usually cost just below €60 here when it comes out, and a collector's edition usually €70. PI has some great prices.

Comment

Is this game hard to pick up?

I have heard many talk highly about this series, just curious

Thanks
                              Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

I found it much easier to pick up than EU2 (I actually play this one, EU2 I gave up soonish), but then again I played HoI2 extensively.
                                Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Working...
                                X