No announcement yet.

What happened to the Other Games games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I doubt it. The forum games were in decline well before +1s counted in the OT. It certainly won't help rekindle the Other Games games, but it didn't cause them to stop in the first place. The regulars left / were too busy and there weren't enough new people to replace them. Alas.

Also, Jamski!
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Forum Games are interesting, academically, but when you think about it they're actually pretty crap and not as much fun as other things we could be doing with our time
      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

True, there's a lot more free & pay per month online games that are more in depth.
        I'm consitently stupid- Japher
        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

If anyone is interested in any of the aftermentioned games, feel free to post here.

I would GM gladiator and Nuclear War, and be willing to play both as well as Galactic Overlord. I never played Nascar and Mafia did degenerate into random voting, so no to those.
          I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai
            I only played Mafia. The problem there at least, was that no one any longer made any effort. They just voted randomly and that was it. No roleplay, no chatter, no nothing.

QFT
            On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

True, there's a lot more free & pay per month online games that are more in depth.
              ... but few as indepth as Society.
              Remember that... Smiley's strategicly amazing game.
              -->Visit CGN!
              -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Society was my favourite

/me
                "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

I just finished re-reading that GO game where I was falsely accused of betraying you & Spaced. That was a great game.

Comment

As for Gladiators, we've got 4 right now with me, spaced, doc and Grandpa, if the rest of you are committed.

Comment

Originally posted by Theben
                      I just finished re-reading that GO game where I was falsely accused of betraying you & Spaced. That was a great game.
                      It was a great game. I didn't think Doc stood a chance in that one and we gave him an opportunity to win with our "alliance" infighting.

Still, good game.

/me
                      "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

GO was my favorite game. I was "this" close to winning so many times.
                        We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

How many people would be up for it if I got a society game running? I actually have a program that autocalculates everything after the orders are sent (a relative coded it for me.)
                          -->Visit CGN!
                          -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

I might theoretically be interetsted in GO... How many hours a week does it take to play? I was always intimidated by its seeming complexity.
                            -->Visit CGN!

Comment

GO will always be the game of which I am most proud. Working on a boardgame version at the moment
                              1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                              That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                              Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                              Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Really? Are you going to try to pitch-market it?
                                -
                                Frankly, I think that's what Smiley shoulld have done with society. I wish I'd thought of the game and its rules, because I know my relative can definitely code up everything except for an AI to play against... So the game could theoretically have made money (who knows)... it's like a simpler version of Civ.

(Heck, all the turns were almost automated when I GMed the thing)!
                                -->Visit CGN!

Comment

Working...
                                X