No announcement yet.

Bioshock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

but I was rarely thrilled by the actual action.
    Oh. I must be easily impressed then. I enjoyed the action in Bioshock much more than the action in Halo... and while Call of Duty 4 quickly became boring- Bioshock did not.
    -->Visit CGN!
    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Nah, you're probably just not as good at these games Bioshock's fights were fun due to the creative part of them, not due to the adrenaline-pumping part. In that sense CoD4 was better, on hard difficulty it does have quite a few challenging and very intense moments, Bioshock just lacked the challenge.

Don't get me wrong, though, I still think Bioshock is the best full game released last year
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

You do have me pegged there- I can't really get anywhere in CoD or in Halo- the missions are simply too difficult, even on easy.

I played bioshock through on hard, first time through and had little trouble- though I never had any ammo (and used many wrenches and Vita Chambers )
        -->Visit CGN!
        -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

I have to give CoD4 credit there, it's one of those games where hard difficulty actually meant hard. That was a welcome challenge for sure.

Comment

Truly skilled players completed it on veteran.

Comment

CoD4 commits the cardinal sin of respawning enemies - I spent forever in that goddamn television station

Comment

Truly skilled players know when to run and when to hide.

Comment

Did they actually respawn? There's a lot of enemies in the TV station but I think there's a fixed number of them that comes at you from specific directions. At least I didn't notice any enemies spawning right in front of me.

Comment

Truly skilled players never have to hide.

British people. No wonder your empire crumbled.
                    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
                      Did they actually respawn? There's a lot of enemies in the TV station but I think there's a fixed number of them that comes at you from specific directions. At least I didn't notice any enemies spawning right in front of me.
                      Yes. Yes they did. In fact, they respawn behind you in places where they physically could not reach without having gone past you at some point.

Comment

Then I'll just say they did a pretty good job of covering it up most of the time. I found it more annoying that they'd come from the same places. Like in that TV station battle, after dying a few times, I remembered that first a couple guys come here, including one with a shotgun, then there are more from that direction, a RPG guy over there, etc. You would certainly memorize the script after a few times, so to speak.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                          British people. No wonder your empire crumbled.
                          ... and left behind flotsam like Canada...

ahem, sorry.
                          "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Apology accepted.
                            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker

Yes. Yes they did. In fact, they respawn behind you in places where they physically could not reach without having gone past you at some point.
                              yup. pretty ridiculous. one of few flaws in an otherwise excellent game.

Comment

Yes, it's something that was present in SS2 as well.

Not present in Thief, however, and with good reason. You should give Thief a try. It was the reason I ever signed on to any Internet message board way back in 1999.
                                "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Working...
                                X