Deus Ex (Late to the party)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Unimatrix11 View Post

It might be impossible to give a general answer to the question, but what one can do is to think about the potential of conspiracy working. And there already, there is a very large room for interpretation and a wide field of well reasoned opinions. Take Pearl Habror as an example. Just recently i had a little discussion (with snoopy IIRC) about that one. We came, i think i can say this, correct my snoopy if you disagree, to the common conclusion, that there was enough evidence for the US prior to the attack to avoid surprise. We remained each on our different view-points, as to why it still happened (the surprise) tho, where he said ´mistake´ and i said ´intention´. There is no relyable way to determine, which one is right IMHO. Both might be right, and since there is no way to debunk the other side´s arguments, one should just leave it there. And since whatever someone believes to be real is part of a reality (that person´s reality), at least in that one, it is ´true´. Thus, if you were pushed to give an universal answer to the question, presented with these two alternative answers, it is ligit to say, that both are true (and it might actually be, that the ´one real truth´ was a mix of both, mistake and intention).

In some cases in life there is ambiguity (like what is intention). In some cases there is lack of evidence (we can't look inside FDRs mind, and it seems unlikely we will find a dairy, as we did for Truman) (though, all in all I think wrt Pearl Harbor the evidence is weighs very heavily that it was a mistake) That two reasonable people can disagree on X does not mean they can on Y. In some cases in history evidence conflicts, and what is wrong is still plausible. In other cases some things are not plausible. They are so farfetched that advocacy of them leads one to question the sanity or good will of the advocate.

Conspiracies do exist. The most well established one, with regard to the Mason-Jew thing, is that the Protocols of the Elders of Zion was secretly written by the Okhrana, the tsarist secret police. The shame is that its lies, or derivatives of th are still floating around, even on a site like this.
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

• @AC: see, and that one i dont get...

@LotM: I just happen to read ´money and morality´ (´Geld und Moral´) by Issing and Hesse. Very interesting. It´s a bunch of articles on the title-topic by various authors. The one i am at right now is by Issing and it´s called ´Ethics in central-bank-policy - morality of central bankers?´. Issing is quite established in banking (look up his wiki-bio f.e.) and his opinion is very differentiated. As it happens (and how i read it ), he also rather asks the question of potential for conspiracy, instead of vaguely pointing fingers, and views on the topic from the angle of ethics. Specifically he asks, if competence trumps morality, if it should, and wether it maybe has to be vice versa by systemic laws (like in: the morale one cant come to power) in monetary politics. In this context he briefly tangents the dominance that personality had over competence in various historical instances. The alternative would be to enforce a strict regulation that would give the central banks virtually no alternatives to acting in a certain way under certain given circumstances, so that it´s head would have nothing to decide, really, and thus make his personality irrelevant - he would have to recon the circumstances and then act according to certain laws (morality of order as opposed to morality of virtue - or: technocracy) without having a choice. Upto now, the chorus seems to be pro ´morality of order´ (only read 3 articles yet tho) and as i am definetaly pro ´morality of virtue´, i usually dont like their conclusions too much, but the way the bring forth the points, and they make quite a few good ones, by basing them on facts, is compelling, and rare in anything related to economics and, i guess, ethics, as well.
      Anyways an interesting lecture... going back to it, now...
      Last edited by Unimatrix11; February 4, 2009, 07:20.

Comment

• Originally posted by lord of the mark View Post

Conspiracies do exist. The most well established one, with regard to the Mason-Jew thing, is that the Protocols of the Elders of Zion was secretly written by the Okhrana, the tsarist secret police. The shame is that its lies, or derivatives of th are still floating around, even on a site like this.
        sometimes we just have to step aways back from our 'christendom'/'Jewdom'/'Allahdom'/'Governmentdom'/etcdom to see the bigger picture. And remember Dues Ex is JUST a game, a game with one of the more interesting backstories to grace 'gamedom' - thats a good thing, certainly a whole lot better than the old 'these guys are terrorists(look they have turbans) kill them'

Comment

Working...
        X