Guild Wars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And Gramps, you're SUPPOSED to yell "To the end of us all!"

(you'll even eventually understand that...)
    One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

• Maybe I'll work my Dervish backwards to join you guys in the shiverpeaks somewhere. He's like level 15 but can travel to Lions Arch now.
      One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
      You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

• This was too funny..we had been spankin hiney and I mean, like a typical angry mob beatdown..

I remembered my dying breath, darkness closing in, tears of pain forming in my closing eyelids, there was con, I had thought he also was dying, I could see his tears stream down, hollering out above the noise of the gang attacking me, con screaming "yer killin me"holding his guts, I felt terrible, thought they had run him through, seems now he was simply laughing his @zz off at me

This is great, con didnt tell ya, we ended up never finding the piece, or at least I dont think we did, but we bum rushed them charr and beat em back..was too funny
        Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• Well, I went to Lions Arch with the intention of running backwards today...

There was MOX sitting outside.

What the hell, I figured, so I talked to him...

MOX apparantly comes with a triple set of Master Difficulty quests that culminate in 10plat, 50k xp, and a slew of items I've never heard of before.

I think Nemo has found something to do when you guys are not around...
          You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

• Originally posted by Grandpa Troll
            This was too funny..we had been spankin hiney and I mean, like a typical angry mob beatdown..

I remembered my dying breath, darkness closing in, tears of pain forming in my closing eyelids, there was con, I had thought he also was dying, I could see his tears stream down, hollering out above the noise of the gang attacking me, con screaming "yer killin me"holding his guts, I felt terrible, thought they had run him through, seems now he was simply laughing his @zz off at me

This is great, con didnt tell ya, we ended up never finding the piece, or at least I dont think we did, but we bum rushed them charr and beat em back..was too funny
            That was just a taste of the future, the farther you go the harder it gets. I can't wait till your first experience in the Jungles of Kryta

On the "fourth" peice, we never did find it, but I figured I killed the hard groups (without the trebuchet) so lets keep heading north to the wall (which is what we were supposed to do) killing the groups along the way and see if the mission completion triggered. And it did.

I was worried that without that peice the mission completion wouldn't trigger, so when I saw another wreckage below I was thinking maybe that fourth peice was in the wreckage, it wasn't.

Usually you find that last peice and the trebuchet lets you kill that huge group you Leeroy Jenkins into Then you keep heading north, until you complete.

We just finished it the hard way

Which if I wasn't a level 12 ele probably would have never happened.

This is your first real hard lesson in "aggro control", in the later stages of the game especially the Shiverpeaks after the Desert, being able to control aggro is the only way to complete quests and missions.

Thats making sure you don't aggro usually more than one group at a time, sort of not biting off more than you can chew.

This little jaunt thru memory lane has been pretty fun, but Im sure Ill get good and irritated (not with you but with the Jungle) once we get to the Jungle. I still hate the Jungle. Lots and lots of degen, and everything is undead, so bleeding and some other special skills just don't work. Using Frenzy there like you do in Ascalon is a sure death sentence for instance.

We go From Ascalon to the Northern Shiverpeaks, then Kryta, Then the Maguma Jungle, then the Crystal Desert, then the Southern Shiverpeaks, then the Fire Islands.

We got a lot of storyline to go

But we will get there in time.
            Last edited by conmcb25; October 2, 2008, 09:54.
            *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

• Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
              Well, I went to Lions Arch with the intention of running backwards today...

There was MOX sitting outside.

What the hell, I figured, so I talked to him...

MOX apparantly comes with a triple set of Master Difficulty quests that culminate in 10plat, 50k xp, and a slew of items I've never heard of before.

I think Nemo has found something to do when you guys are not around...
              Interesting, I didn't get those quests just the book when I talked to him. Maybe I wasn't a high enough level.

I thought you were on the hunt to finish the last of your elite skills capture?
              Last edited by conmcb25; October 2, 2008, 09:56.
              *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

• Originally posted by conmcb25

Using Frenzy there like you do in Ascalon is a sure death sentence for instance.
                After both of your comments earlier about Axe TWO FISTED-HAMMER and Frenzy, I ditched both at first available opportunity

No more Frenzy for me, I'm running three various options for axe now, until something better comes along.

GT
                Last edited by Grandpa Troll; October 2, 2008, 12:00.

Comment

• Originally posted by conmcb25

Interesting, I didn't get those quests just the book when I talked to him. Maybe I wasn't a high enough level.

I thought you were on the hunt to finish the last of your elite skills capture?
                  I need a few more skill points.

And...ya gotta READ the book.

It's like the bonus mission pack from a while back where you read the books and hit 'enter mission' in them.

Which, I haven't turned in any of my authorized copies of those either....can't remember what you even get...
                  You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

• Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx

And...ya gotta READ the book.
                    I am taking it this MOX creature supplies this book?

Thanks

Comment

• Yes, MOX supplies you with an instruction manual, which is rather entertaining to read, and then transports you to a quest giver who has 3 "master difficulty" quests.

I'm a sucker for the master difficulty quests...

Used to solo farm some of them back in the days before the farm code.
                      You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

• Ah read the book, I didn't bother because I thought at this point reading an instruction manual for a Hero was ridiculous.

And where does this bonus mission book come from? I need to get that and believe I qualify since I purchased EOTN electronically thru NCSoft.

Comment

• uh....can't recall. I'm sure the wiki would help. Someone in the main towns (historian or something). There's 5-6 of those books. Each is a solo mission.

Not particularly hard.
                          You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

• I am fixing to eat a piece of Lemon Pie with Graham Cracker Crust and Cool Whip Topping.

THEN I shall seek entertainment elsewhere..i.e. Guild Wars

Oh..what or who is Leeroy Jenkins?

Comment

• Played some, got my little posse together went went eastern gate or something to do with East...

basically went eradicating Charr..

didnt pick up much..little sumpin sumpin here and there

Off to bed we go

Comment

• Sorry Gramps, I ran some errands with the wife tonight, and by the time we got home is about 8:45, and I wanted to watch the VP debate tonight.

We can try again tomorrow

You know how to use Henchies now so hopefully that helps.

Comment

Working...
                                X