No announcement yet.

Guild Wars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So now maybe you can quit worrying about a weapon and we can kill sh1t instead

And I dont care what UnO says real men use an axe
    Last edited by conmcb25; September 30, 2008, 10:03.
    *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

• Originally posted by conmcb25
      And the sheild

Me likey..me likey
      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

And I dont care what UnO says real men use an axe
        My warrior IS female...
        One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
        You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

• Originally posted by DrSpike
          Sorry, going back, but axe is better for PvE as a lot of the sword skills are slow burners and the elites aren't as good. Hammers are for knockdown, which most of the time isn't necessary in PvE.

With axe you have one 5E AOE attack with low cooldown and some good elites. You also have some good armour ignoring damage skills for harder opponents.
          See, I can agree that Axes are better at AOE, and if that is what you value in PVE, yes, they'll be better at that.

Personally, I like to spike down one target at a time quicker in PVE, and there are a few sword builds that allow for THAT playstyle better than the comparable axe build.

Admittedly, this was influenced by later end Nightfall, where AOE damaging but not killing a large number of mobs can quickly lead to death. Most elsewhere in the game, AOE is perfectly fine.

In other news, in playing this morning, Heros/Hench AI is TERRIBLE nowadays. They are NOT following my target calls. Had to manually lock the heros all on the monk I was trying to cap to keep them from attacking random mobs. Problem is you CAN'T lock henchies on something.
          One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
          You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

• Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx

My warrior IS female...
            That explains a lot...................
            *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

That explains a lot...................
              I thought about that as well, then figured my character would be beautiful and just stand and stare at myself..and..and..well..I would have all the boys killing meanies just for little ole me.....

Comment

• Hey, you guys want to stare at a male's ass all day while he swings a little axe at creatures, what do I care?

:shrug:

(In all honesty, all my characters are based off some obscure Arthurian literature. )
                You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

• I just played maybe an hour and a half, awesome help with three party members assisting

We went by foot from AC to the west and then north

I got to level 8, maybe 1/5th through

Lots of treasures picked up

I think its about time I go to Wiki, I am doing pretty well collecting many items, non weapons, so need to know if its worth keeping or selling or even can I upgrade to a better weapon with all these trinkets and such

Starting to piece together some gameplay understanding

Comment

• Good

Basically the axe I gave you is the best collector one in Ascalon, the area we are in now. There is also an axe for turning in scorched Lodestones but the one you have is better IMHO.

And you will be hard pressed to find a better AC sheild before we get out of Ascalon.

So my recommendation is start salvaging metals like sheilds and swords till you get a nice stash of iron ingots, the rest unless its a nice drop you want to keep and use, then just sell it off. Unless I find a purple (like that sheild I found last night for you), I usually just sell everything at this low level because not even the salvage is all that good really compared to the high end of the game.

Make sure you sell any dyes you dont want to the dye trader not a merchant.

By the way Gramps did his first mission tonight! Congratz Gramps.
                    Last edited by conmcb25; September 30, 2008, 23:12.

Comment

Good

Basically the axe I gave you is the best collector one in Ascalon, the area we are in now. There is also an axe for turning in scorched Lodestones but the one you have is better IMHO.

And you will be hard pressed to find a better AC sheild before we get out of Ascalon.

So my recommendation is start salvaging metals like sheilds and swords till you get a nice stash of iron ingots, the rest unless its a nice drop you want to keep and use, then just sell it off. Unless I find a purple (like that sheild I found last night for you), I usually just sell everything at this low level because not even the salvage is all that good really compared to the high end of the game.

Make sure you sell any dyes you dont want to the dye trader not a merchant.

By the wat Gramps did his first mission tonight! Congratz Gramps.
                      Was a blast, just my hand has been swollen up a bit, due to really working it out!

Heck, thanks to you Con, your doing what Occupational Therapy hasnt done, made me squirm

I saw where Wiki will be down maybe half a day tommorrow, no problems, I am going to focus on what i need to do, i did acquire a salvage (2 kits) and an ID, already used the first salvage up

Got me bunch of ignots,lodestones,granite slabs, some skulls, some dust, pretty sure dyes, wood..to name a few things

So I can salvage weapons? (ones not worth keeping?)

I look forward

I think I may focus if hand is sore still tommorrow, on reading up wiki as per you good folks suggestions.

By the way, that made a huge difference tonight, an axe and a shield

Again, much appreciated!

I like to had a cow when we were headed for the wall and saw us trying to be cutoff from our right (where you drew the line on the map)

them boys wanted our @r$e preety bad, Charr seem kinda tough

Just curious, would it be worth fighting some of them to get drops or would we be simply over run?

Thanks

GT

Comment

• Originally posted by DrSpike
                        I'm pretty much just waiting for GW2 now.
                        Wow..GW2

I am like soooo...looking forward, hoping it will be as fun as what i am having now

i say this because for years been reading a truly successful series comes out with a sequel and falls apart, fixing what was not broken and breaking what should never have been touched!

My hope is that it is a great game!

Gt

Comment

• I hope to be a Level 10 in a couple days at the most

Now, I was reading in my little booklet that Trilogies came with, I can get M.O.X. the Golem, anyone used him yet?

Is he akin to a Henchman?

It states where he is located in all three games, Prophecies,Factions and Nightfall

Looking forward!!

Comment

• Yes but you have to get to Lions Arch First

(For the Mox)

Thats about 5 or 6 missions from here, across the Shiverpeaks

You got a lot of storyline to go before we get there

You can salvage swords, axes, any kind of weapons or sheild. I said salvage swords because they usually always give iron ingots. And the metal sheilds will as well, Wooden sheilds do not.

ya the first mission is kind of fun. With level 20's you could easily kill them, I may have gotten a few at level 12 but at level 7 or 8 you would have been dead meat

Thats why I said run like he11 south after the cinematic A lot of times what UnO and I will do is just hold them back a bit, and let the other guy run forward. That delays them a bit and gives you a bit more breathing room.

GW2 aint till 2010, so we got plenty of time to dink around in GW 1.

Some of us have concerns about GW2. Especially with the reorg at NC Soft and some of the key GW's developers went into management. im am still pissed about Dwarves not being playable characters (you can play some other races like Charr), and the Dwarves basically being written out of the storyline. But thats about all I know right now. Not much info is out about GW2 yet.
                            Last edited by conmcb25; September 30, 2008, 23:23.

Comment

• You've gotten just about all the basics now Gramps. The next big thing to work on is heros. BUT you wont get them on the Warrior till you get to Lions Arch.

If you start a new character in Nightfall you can get them sooner. With the Nightfall character, thats where heros were introduced.

They are like henchmen you keep all the time, and you can switch there skills, attributes, and give them weapons. Once we get there, Ill give you the heros lecture

Comment

• The only thing to be really wary of is making sure you're finding all the skill quests. (quests that teach you new skills)

There are a LOT of optional quests out there as well, if you're a completist. A couple hidden towns out in the wastelands of Prophecies even.

What times are you guys playing? Maybe I can join a night or two this weekend when the weather is supposed to go to hell, preventing me from working on Halloween.
                                You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Working...
                                X