Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many games are you playing at the moment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Past 4 weeks? Hmmm

Crusader Kings (PC)
    The Sims (PC)

but before spikey panics, its like probably 30 hours or so on CK as compared to one to two hours on the Sims.

If that, its been weeks since I played the Sims, and I may not have played it all in the last 4 weeks.

I AM loving me Crusader Kings.
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
      If you'd posted your gamertag along with everyone else I could invite you to my Forza games.
      I don't play online. I don't have the time to spend on tuning that is necessary to be competitive. Mainly I race career events and paint cars.
      Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark
        Past 4 weeks? Hmmm

Crusader Kings (PC)
        The Sims (PC)

but before spikey panics, its like probably 30 hours or so on CK as compared to one to two hours on the Sims.

If that, its been weeks since I played the Sims, and I may not have played it all in the last 4 weeks.

I AM loving me Crusader Kings.
        What is it with you and these old games? Is your computer old?

I'm curious.
        Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon

I don't play online. I don't have the time to spend on tuning that is necessary to be competitive.
          That's a poor excuse - you can download competitive tunes in about 5 seconds.

Comment

What is it with you and these old games? Is your computer old?

I'm curious.
            My current desktop is almost 18 months old, and was a budget machine when purchased. That said, it could play more recent games.

There is no Crusader Kings 2 however, and its a really great game. And its not THAT old.

The Sims we bought for my daughters laptop, which is somewhat older and less capable. We happened to see it cheap at the store one day, and bought it, rather than go check if the laptop has the specs for Sims2. I wanted to see if she liked it first.

In addition to specs issues, I like old games cause theyre cheap, bugs and stuff are resolved (well at least for companies like Paradox, which patch so extensively) and cause I like to work my way through the history of gaming. Why spend $50 when there are so many good older games I havent played yet?
            "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

My current desktop is almost 18 months old, and was a budget machine when purchased. That said, it could play more recent games.

There is no Crusader Kings 2 however, and its a really great game. And its not THAT old.

The Sims we bought for my daughters laptop, which is somewhat older and less capable. We happened to see it cheap at the store one day, and bought it, rather than go check if the laptop has the specs for Sims2. I wanted to see if she liked it first.

In addition to specs issues, I like old games cause theyre cheap, bugs and stuff are resolved (well at least for companies like Paradox, which patch so extensively) and cause I like to work my way through the history of gaming. Why spend $50 when there are so many good older games I havent played yet?
              Paradox only have a lot of patches because the games launch with more bugs than an ant hill.
              Only feebs vote.

Comment

Paradox only have a lot of patches because the games launch with more bugs than an ant hill.

CK 1.04 was playable and a very good game. 1.05 just improved it further.

I dont recall the EU2 situation as well, but IIRC it kept receiving patches well after it was playable and an excellent game.

And from what I can gather, lots of other games are buggy on release.

Comment

Going back to the original question:

Battle for Middle Earth 1
                  Civ Warlords
                  Civ vanilla - 2 multiplayer games

Thinking of going back to EVE Online
                  Even a fool is thought wise if he remains silent.

Comment

Counter Strike: Source
                    GalCiv2 Dark Avatar
                    Discpiles 2: Ulimate Edition
                    Devil May Cry 4 (PS3)
                    “...This means GCA won 7 battles against our units, had Horsemen retreat from 2 battles against NMs, and lost 0 battles.” --Jon Shafer 1st ISDG

Comment

And from what I can gather, lots of other games are buggy on release.
                      Oh yeah, but very few are as bad as Paradox. Don't get me wrong, I love their games, but I usually wait until a couple of patches have rolled out.

Playing EU3 right now, actually. Hell of a game.
                      Only feebs vote.

Comment

Paradox games are notoriously terrible for requiring patches, and then due to the rebalance and adding of missing features, the patched version is like a whole new game. Generalization, maybe, history only, maybe, I haven't played one of their games since HOI2.

Comment

Originally posted by asleepathewheel
                          Paradox games are notoriously terrible for requiring patches, and then due to the rebalance and adding of missing features, the patched version is like a whole new game. Generalization, maybe, history only, maybe, I haven't played one of their games since HOI2.
                          Ive never bought one of their games right when it came out. Ive played EU2, Vickie, CK, and bit of HOI. All were quite playble when I bought them, and EU2 and CK got new patches after that.

Id like to get HOI2 and maybe EU3, but I also like to play other games once in a while.

Comment

Sins of a Solar Empire.
                            Call of Duty 4.
                            Portal, just finished it last week, it's very good but too short!
                            The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Join Eventis, the land of spam and unspeakable horrors!

Comment

Playing EU3 right now, actually. Hell of a game.
                              Really? I was pretty unimpressed, but that was shortly after launch when it still was buggy. Is it an improvement over EU2 (which I liked but don't play anymore) or is it just "different"?

Comment

Originally posted by Unspeakable Horror

Portal, just finished it last week, it's very good but too short!
                                Everyone says that, but if you do the advanced and challenge levels it adds a lot to the game.

Comment

Working...
                                X