FG: NW 41 - Return to War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Skanky Burns

Sorry Spikie, this is the way deflectors work. The nukes do eventually find a good home.
    That's what I am arguing - there can be no situation where there are 'ping pong' nukes with nukes bouncing between players forever. That would be silly, so we updated the rules on this point early on.

However, if you do it the way LS described early on then how do you decide whether the deflected nukes are odd or even when you are attacked simultaneously by two or more players? This is why I think there was precedent for using my deflectors work once per attack per player approach, i.e. if I have deflected to Shiva he can deflect half of those back to me, where they hit.

Comment

• Here is how it works spikey.

Say I launch 4 nukes on you, and you deflect to LS, who is also defleting to you.

Nukes 1 and 3 are deflected, but 2 and 4 hit you.

Nukes 2 and 4 (although for ls they are now nukes 1 and 2) go to LS, again 2 is deflected, but 4 hits.

Nuke 4 goes back to you, but now it is the 5th nuke you face, and it is deflected back to LS.

Where it becomes the third nuke that he faces, which is deflected back to you...

Where it becomes the 6th nuke that you face, and it hits.

Hence the term ping-pong nukes.

They do not bounce forever as cumulative totals are used to determine hits.
      We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

• You ignored my point - if LS faces multiple attacks it's far from clear.

Whereas with the system I outlined above it gives the same answer as yours (3 nukes hit me, 1 LS) but is far more coherent.

Comment

• If all three of us are destroyed on teh same turn, it's a tie, right?
          THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
          AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
          AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
          DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

• Originally posted by LordShiva
            If all three of us are destroyed on teh same turn, it's a tie, right?
            If you're all destroyed on the same turn, everybody loses. Does that count as a tie? Depends on your viewpoint, I guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jonny
              If you're all destroyed on the same turn, everybody loses. Does that count as a tie?
              THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES

Comment

• Sent.

Comment

• Turn 16 - Much Ado 'bout Nothin'

DrSpike again tried to build a new city. Spaced Cowboy again nuked his newly built city before the sun had set behind it even once.

Spaced Cowboy again sent a nuke to LordShiva as well. Lord S, as his remaining followers now styled him, hid in his bunker, so the nuke did nothing.

In short, nothing changed. At all.

Code:
                  The World As It Stands, Turn 16

NameCities
                  Snoopy369Wasted
                  EPWWasted
                  DrSpikeAbout
                  KrillWasted
                  ChaunkWasted
                  WhohaWasted
                  LordShivaGramphos
                  Spaced CowboySign, Me
                  24 hours. And maybe do something useful this time?

Comment

• This would be more exciting if I was still alive.
                    "

Comment

• Turn 17 - It's a MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD, World

LordShiva and DrSpike had, unsurprisingly, grown tired of Spaced Cowboy's repeated antics. And so it was that they both fired two nukes at him, enough firepower to wipe him off the map twice over. Spaced was well done.

Not, of course, before he had the chance, predictably, to fire one nuke each at Shiva and DrSpike, plenty enough to wipe them off the map too, though only once. No one bothered to use the spies or bunkers they had, so the entire world was turned into nuclear wasteland.

Congratulations! You're all dead.

Comment

• "

Comment

• THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES

Comment

• Get in
                            You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

• There are no winners in war.

Comment

• We should play another to get a definitive winner then
                                You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Working...
                                X