activision-blizzard merger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• activision-blizzard merger

"A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Does that mean World of Warcraft goes the way of Call to Power?

Comment

Why would Blizzard do this? There's no need.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

This makes me a very sad panda .

Activison at best makes "eh" games. They have a few good PC releases but not a lot. They do make a TON of console games however, mostly the "dumb" sort .

Blizzard proboably HAD to do it, remember, they are no longer independant, they are owned by the same company that owns sierra, some french conglomerate whose name I don't recall.

Comment

Oh well. Another shining era of computer gaming right down the toilet.
          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

A dark day for gamers.

Comment

Comment

The same company that owns Blizzard is going to be the controller of the new company.

I don't see how Blizzard will go bad from this. One of the points is to acquire holdings and then use Blizzards money to make the holdings more profitable. They are including the Blizzard name because it has street cred like Atari use to.

Vivendi has always been sorta suck.

JM
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN
                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

It's a fair point - Vivendi have been calling the shots for some time, so not sure how much worse this will be.

It's not good news though.

Comment

Every driving, shooting, action game and well, everything Activision makes(all of which are well, stupid console games), will have the Blizzard logo on it.

Comment

I don't have much compassion for neither Blizzard nor Activision, so this merger doesn't ruin my day. I find this name abusing (and ruining - see Atari) pretty sad, though.

Comment

It can not be good for Starcraft2. Such large changes to the corporate structure in the middle of the development process have great potential to screw things up.
                        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Since from Blizzard's POV, the status quo remains the same (the same entity in charge before is in charge of the "merged" company), I think it's pretty premature to be crying about SC2 being affected.
                          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
                            It can not be good for Starcraft2. Such large changes to the corporate structure in the middle of the development process have great potential to screw things up.
                            I kinda doubt it... Blizzard has proven their potential for earning money, and is pretty much the only thing that has kept Vivendi from sinking for the past couple of years. Corporate changes or not, I am pretty sure they will leave Blizzard alone, and let them work their magic.
                            XBox Live: VovanSim
                            xbox.com (login required)
                            Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
                            Spore page

Comment

Things are always uncetain in any merger but:

What happened to Westwood? I forgot.
                              While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

Working...
                              X