X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Mario Galaxy!

He was reviewed on IGN; 9,7

Closing Comments
    Super Mario Galaxy is one of the greatest platformers I have ever played, Wii's best game, and an absolute must-own experience. And to me, this odd trek through space really does feel like the true sequel to Mario 64. It harkens back to the N64 classic with nostalgic faces and places from the Mushroom Kingdom, but it also re-invents the franchise with new space-themed mechanics and fresh Wii-enhanced controls. It is, as I have said since I first played it, a near-perfect combination of old platforming values and new design.

Expect to be blown away by the fantastic level challenges and galactic variety. Expect to be blown away by the addictive gravity effects -- you will jump off ledges just to see if you can rotate all the way around a structure. And expect to be blown away by the tight controls and beautiful graphics.

Galaxy isn't quite perfect. There are some minor issues -- tiny blemishes, if you will, hiding on the backside of a supermodel. There's the auto-camera, which works exceptionally well most of the time, but every so often stumbles. And there's the overall difficulty -- a little too easy to 60 stars and to defeat bosses for my tastes. But even with these potential drawbacks, Nintendo's Tokyo studio has created a platformer that deserves its place among the very best and will surely be remembered in another decade as a classic.
    Is there any people who tried it?

I would be glad to hear your own review? Particularly Asher.

Maybe it will be the games that makes me decide to buy a Wii; to this day the Wii seems to be a wasteland for bad games.
    bleh

I AM ABSOLUTELY SHOCKED that Matt Casamassina, perhaps the biggest Nintendo fanboy in the world, gave Mario a GLOWING REVIEW.

IIRC, he was the guy who threw a huge fit when Super Mario Sunshine didn't win GOTY at IGN.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Gamespot gave it a still-very-good 9.5.

I'll have to check it out.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Sidetrack:

The thing that really pisses me off about fanboy reviewers like Matt is how they always not-so-subtly tell people to buy the games. He also posts rants about how he doesn't think Nintendo is advertising games like they should. He's crossed the line between "games reviewer" that reviews games based on their merit, and a champion for one platform's success under the guise of an objective games reviewer.

Now, Galaxy looks like an excellent game (certainly 10x better than Super Mario Sunshine), but the point still stands. Matt's Nintendo reviews are really quite worthless, because he's an unabashed long-time fanboy that promotes Nintendo game sales openly, even encouraging people to pre-order.

For those who don't remember, he got his start in 1997 as the fanboy-in-chief of N64.com, which was bought by IGN to become the IGN N64 portal.

Comment

I liked Sunshine.

Comment

You may've liked it, but was it one of the finest games ever created?

It didn't even deserve GOTY.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
              I AM ABSOLUTELY SHOCKED that Asher, perhaps the biggest xbox fanboy in the world, gave {insert generic fps here} a GLOWING REVIEW.

IIRC, he was the guy who threw a huge fit when Halo 1/2/3 didn't win GOTY at IGN.
              -fixed

But yeah I hate this kind of stuff, it actualy makes me less interested in the game(not that i was that interested in this title). If this is a better platformer than Rainbow Island or Exile etc i'll eat my hat.

Comment

The Halos did win GOTY.

And there's lots of crap FPS games on Xbox/Xbox 360.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                  You may've liked it, but was it one of the finest games ever created?

It didn't even deserve GOTY.
                  True. I still don't get why so many people seem to hate Sunshine, though.

Comment

Starters:

1) Perhaps the worst intro cutscene EVER.
                    2) Perhaps the worst camera system EVER (there wasn't even a system, aside from "make the users handhold the camera)
                    3) Perhaps the most bland enemy designs EVER.
                    4) Perhaps the most boring levels EVER with minimal variety.
                    5) Perhaps the brutally bad textures
                    6) Perhaps the utter lameness of the water cannon as a gameplay device

Comment

Fine Asher, this guy might or might not be fanboy, I don't know him, but I have read way too much praise for this game to listen you bashing him. Focus on the game now.
                      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Asher even your low Wii credibility will be eliminated if you write off Galaxy without even trying it.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                            Asher even your low Wii credibility will be eliminated if you write off Galaxy without even trying it.
                            I said I'm going to get it already.

Comment

Great - I look forward to a fair and balanced review.

Comment

Working...
                              X