I love new game smell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love new game smell

they smell so good. I think it's the smell of the ink. Too bad I can't get one of them to install.

I love the smell of new stuff. New computer, new DVD, new gadget, whatever.

Comment

Re: I love new game smell

Originally posted by Dis
      Too bad I can't get one of them to install.

sounds like my computer (i wont replace it for senimental reasons)
      Order of the Fly
      Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Re: I love new game smell

Originally posted by Dis
        edit..... Too bad I'm scared to install them.....due to nasty copyprotection
        My love of that smell is tainted these days, but the nostalgia of the smell is still strong

Comment

The Dig has the best smell of all time.
          "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
          "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
          "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
          "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Re: Re: I love new game smell

Originally posted by AAHZ

sounds like my computer (i wont replace it for senimental reasons)
            the game was beyond the sword, I got it to install from help from a civ fanatics thread.

Comment

good smells

Comment

albums used to have that smell. Especially cassette tapes. I think it's the ink they use on the paper. As it's the game manual that has the best smell. I like that thick paper with lots of ink. I'm probably getting high sniffing that ink.

Comment

Love new game smells too And manuals used to be a lot thicker

Miss good old fashioned game manuals with charts and combat formulas.. unit trees.. yeah..

Comment

My CD/DVD player is busted, can't load a game. Haven't been able to afford a new one.
                    (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                    (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                    (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

I think after a while people associate the smell with new stuff, and new stuff is always fun.

I also like the new game smell.

Comment

Man, I just love teh smell of BitTorrent napalm in teh morning.
                        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                        AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                        AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                        DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

does a new game CD/DVD smell different from any other new CD/DVD??? This is silly.

A real new game smell comes when you unfold the map and punch out the counters.
                          "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark
                            does a new game CD/DVD smell different from any other new CD/DVD??? This is silly.

A real new game smell comes when you unfold the map and punch out the counters.
                            The smell is easily the best part of games these days. This is why no one likes Steam and D2D. Until you can download a smell they will always be second-class retailers.

And punching out hundreds of board game counters made me suicidal once. Thank god we are beyond that.

Comment

i throw away the boxes and manuals on my way out of gamestop. (If i buy the game that is)
                              :-p

Comment

Working...
                              X