No announcement yet.

Baldurs gate 3 RELEASED IN SECRET!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can a US resident (legally) get the UK version? I'd be all for that if it's possible, legally...

Doesn't seem to be on Direct2Drive as a prerelease, but sometimes they're slow about those things. I suppose I could break down and buy a CD version, but that seems wrong somehow from an indie european studio...

Have to hope Atari didn't ruin it... might be worth a month or so of waiting to make sure. However it doesn't look like Atari really was that involved ... especially given how long it took to make No way Atari would allow two years to go by with a playable demo already done in sept 2005 (or at least enough for a trailer) ... their bottom line is way too important
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

yeah, only way I'd want it is the UK version. I want violence and nudity

seriously though, nudity? Has any rpg every had nudity? What are we talking about here exactly? I don't care for nudity that much, but more violence is always nice.

So is there a UK retail store I could order it from that would get me th UK version?

Comment

so I'm looking at the wiki entry, exactly what does this have to do with baldur's gate 3 exactly? Not a lot of details are presented. It looks ambitious, but can they deliver?

Comment

okay I found some nudity (sort of) on a gamespot screenshot. seeing some kind of mummy thing naked doesn't do it for me .

check out this last screenshot LOL

GameSpot is the world's largest source for PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii U, PS Vita, Wii PC, 3DS, PSP, DS, video game news, reviews, previews, trailers, walkthroughs, and more.

gamespot is calling it an action rpg. They say the combat looks deep, but not really. I'm seeing 3 styles of combat. I can't tell if there's any magic. Graphics look a lot like NWN 1 and 2. but that's to be expected as it's using their engine. You can see veings on the guys arms which is cool. NWN2 sports a vein on khelgar though, so it's not that new for this engine.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/thewi...tml?tag=result;title;0

yeah it's looking like I'll suck at this game . It really is an action game. Looks like you got to get your timing just right for the sword combat. You can't just mash buttons (like morrowind or oblivion).
          Last edited by Dis; October 25, 2007, 01:16.

Comment

Is the map open-ended? And how big is the map?
            be free

Comment

My VERY mini review:

Combat-fun, but a little easy. I recommend any polyites play it on hard.

Story-good and not cliched.

Gameplay-pretty good. It is not nearly as deep as say, Baldurs Gate 2 but it is still fairly deep. The first level makes you think it is some stupid third person action game, but once you get out of the "tutorial" mission things broaden up.

All around it is a good game and a fun RPG.

My one complaint, thus far? I think the whole "your choices may have a big impact down the road" are ENTIRLEY full of excriment... VERY VERY tiny spoiler(tiny, unimportant) ahead, on that topic.

At the end of the "tutorial" mission you have the choice to run and stop something valuable from being stolen, or stay and fight a giant monster-which another NPC warns you will likley over run and kill us all if we don't kill it. I originally picked to stop the item from being stolen. It gets stolen anyway, a Star Trek Tred Shirt(TM) dies and someone else gets hurt. I decided to load and try the other way. Exact same result.

Now about 6 hours later of gameplay, "something" happens and you get a mini cutscene saying "because you stayed and fought and did not protect the stuff from being stolen, this thing happened! Boy are you ####ed!".

Except that the item gets stolen even if you DO go to protect it.

This makes me think that all the "choices" are ficticious and THAT would really piss me off.

Overall? Fun game, little on the combat side in some ways but it is definatley an RPG. I recommend it for RPG fans. It is not the GOTY by any means, it is not in the same lofty category held by baldurs gate and planescape however. Imagine Jade Empire, but with a much deeper story and a much more responsive world, but with dumbed down combat and you have this game pretty much pegged. Based on what I have seen so far I DO believe the developers when they say the game has 60-80 hours of gameplay.

Oh.... immediatly switch to the over the shoulder camera and use it the entire game-the other camera modes are simply worthless in combat.
              Last edited by Vesayen; October 25, 2007, 08:06.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
                yeah, only way I'd want it is the UK version. I want violence and nudity

seriously though, nudity? Has any rpg every had nudity? What are we talking about here exactly? I don't care for nudity that much, but more violence is always nice.

So is there a UK retail store I could order it from that would get me th UK version?
                Vampire, the Masquerade had some really nice nudity.

Aside from the nicest animated boobies that I've seen in a video game, there was one place where you could look at a peep show.
                We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

From the Gamespot screens and description it reminds me alot of the console action RPG Baldurs Gate Dark Alliance for the PS2, not BG in any way though.
                  While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

It is nothing like dark alliance.

Comment

Originally posted by Vesayen
                      It is nothing like dark alliance.
                      I trust ya, i'm just saying that from the screens and previews it seems like DA would be a better comparison than BG RPG for PC.

Looks fun none the less.
                      While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

Icewind Dale had nudity
                        "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                        "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                        "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                        "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
                          How can a US resident (legally) get the UK version? I'd be all for that if it's possible, legally...
                          Give me your bank details and I'll sort everything for you. At only $800* it's a steal!

* Caution - may be more than this....

Comment

There are a couple of sites that have imported the European version of games before. I got my copy of Fahrenheit from GoGamer, if I remember correctly. It was called Indigo Prophecy in North America, and again got a little censored for release here.

I just don't understand how graphic and senseless violence can be fine but nudity and sex can be verboten.
                            Age and treachery will defeat youth and skill every time.

Comment

As the Simpsons said.... "it's the American way....!"

Comment

exactly what does this have to do with baldur's gate 3 exactly?
                                Exactly? It's a rpg.

Contrary to BG, you don't manage a group, but a single character.
                                Contrary to BG, you can't choose the sex, race or class of the character, since you're playing the hero of a novel.
                                Contrary to BG, this is not based on D&D (but on novels, or rather short stories).
                                Contrary to BG, it is real time and not turn based.

From an old preview - http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/thewi...&mode=previews
                                As the Witcher is performing his combat animations, you must click your mouse at the exact moment his weapon or spell connects with the enemy.
                                See if you feel like playing this, but comparing a "let's be skillful in clicking at the right time" with a game where only tactics mattered in combat is, well, misleading.

These are the main gameplay differences that are immediatly evident. The fact that your actions carry an effect later in the game is also different, although BG2 did have some of these, to a small extent.
                                For the rest, it may be a good game, but comparing it to Baldur's Gate is probably a bit over the top. Diablo with a story might be better?
                                Clash of Civilization team member
                                (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
                                web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

Working...
                                X