Console Wars II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Asher

I'm talking about where it'll be outsold by the 360 on a regular basis. And I think Spring 08 will be the date.
    GTAIV month, yes. but consistently? nope, not a chance.

Comment

Perhaps this is the cultural disconnect. Us homos play strip-video-games. It starts off in Halo and progresses to Wii Sports after we get too drunk to play real games.
      I knew it!
      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• Originally posted by asleepathewheel

GTAIV month, yes. but consistently? nope, not a chance.

Why?

The Wii's main aspect is social gaming. Soon everyone will know someone who has one. Why get more...
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Originally posted by Nikolai

I knew it!
          I left out the part about the winner getting to deflower the token naive Christian boy, for fear it may be taken the wrong way.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

I left out the part about the winner getting to deflower the token naive Christian boy, for fear it may be taken the wrong way.
            Sounds illegal. Does said boy consent?
            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

• Who wouldn't? Especially the repressed one. Man, do they go crazy!

Comment

• I have many dreams in my life, but getting a man in my behind is not one of them. Perhaps I'm the exception.

BTW, do I really want to know what you do with the wii controllers?

Comment

• Right now they're so dusty they're disgusting.

Comment

• In this case, if dusty is the only thing they are, I guess that's a good thing.

Comment

• Dirty Nordics.

Comment

• I'm known to "think suitcase", as we say here. I've more than once surprised people there. Yeah, I'm dirty.

Comment

• I don't think anyone actually mentioned it, but MS made $165M last quarter in the Xbox division. Not bad, this time last year it was a ~$140M loss. This next quarter is the first one with the reduced cost consoles also (65nm).

Comment

• That's quite the improvement.

Comment

• Kuci: Re: the Halo 3 invite you just sent; I can't tonight as I need to turn in soon (early meeting tomorrow). Another time.

Comment

• Originally posted by asleepathewheel

Like the 360 and ps3 have changed how you play a video game?
                                The 360 is a clear improvement over the previous generation, even ignoring features like the HD-DVD ability, the XBL Marketplace, the video/music support, etc.

Remarkable graphics and sound support to better immerse you in the game. HD

Unified online services, which include voice chat, friends list, achievements, XBL Arcade, downloadable content - and Microsoft continues to improve on this.

The 360 represents solid evolution in a console. Does the Wii?

The Wii graphics are six years behind the time; the control scheme doesn't provide any meaningful change, IMO, primarily because it is underpowered. Not enough hardware to push decent graphics, and not even hardware to provide decent motion sensing.

Comment

Working...
                                X