• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lord of the mark
    That sounds cool, actually.
    /me cries

The worst part is, I know you're serious

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark

My point was that PS3 is losing an exclusive to Nintendo. That MH is only popular in Japan is irrelevant to that, so YOU missed the point.

Now it may be that Nintendo is only direct competion to PS3 in Japan. Thats a possibilty I raised a while ago.
      The PS3 has been losing exclusives since before it was released. Thank you for being 2 years behind and insisting I must've missed the memo.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

Focus!

You took issue with my Monster Hunter comment, which was perfectly valid. You can either discuss or debate it (eg, "No it the BEST GAME EVER and 100% of Wii owners will cream themselves to be able to play it EXCLUSSISISISIVEL") or you can leave it, but you chose to simply make an ad hominem again.
        my previous post, to which I thought you were referring, wasn't regarding MH3, it was regarding the lack of interesting software for the remainder of the year.

where have I made an ad hominem?

Comment

The PS3 has been losing exclusives since before it was released. Thank you for being 2 years behind and insisting I must've missed the memo.
          well, unless its 1st or 2nd party, its probably not going to stay exclusive forever.

Just today, I saw that lost planet is headed to the PS3.
          and table tennis is headed to the wii next week.

Comment

In my list of interesting games, I forgot to mention MLB power pros, which is the highest rated current gen baseball game according to metacritic.

Comment

Focus!

You took issue with my Monster Hunter comment, which was perfectly valid. You can either discuss or debate it (eg, "No it the BEST GAME EVER and 100% of Wii owners will cream themselves to be able to play it EXCLUSSISISISIVEL") or you can leave it, but you chose to simply make an ad hominem again.
              Given your comment and his response, I think you're not entirely aware of the definition of "ad hominem", or at least have a very ... particular ... definition of it.
              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

I was specifically referring to the PS3 losing exclusives to the Wii. Are there other examples of that, or did you miss the point?
                "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski
                  Who cares, I don't own stock in Nintendo.

ACK!
                  I'll be damned, I still don't care, but this thread is fun to read

ACK!
                  Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by asleepathewheel

well, unless its 1st or 2nd party, its probably not going to stay exclusive forever.

And why not? Lost Planet is already multithreaded and on the PC (running on GeForce 7800GTXes) -- a PS3 port is simple and the platform is rather starved for decent games.

Both Lost Planet and Table Tennis are decent games. Though apparently Table Tennis for Wii has no online play, which makes it as worthwhile as Wii Sports: Croquet.

But thank you, more insight that 3rd party games tend to be multiplatform. What's most important is -- like last generation -- the best version of the multiplatform games end up being on the Xbox.
                    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
                      Given your comment and his response, I think you're not entirely aware of the definition of "ad hominem", or at least have a very ... particular ... definition of it.
                      Read his comment:
                      so again, when Japan suits your purposes to counter the wii, you post, as in the other thread. When contrary to your views, you downplay it, such as here with Monster Hunter.

He's not discussing the issue, he's making a statement about the person who was discussing the issue. There's a term for that somewhere...latin I think?

Comment

Asher, if I was intending to get personal in a harmful way, I would have been more severe in my comments.

Comment

It doesn't have to be harmful, it's just an avoidance of the issue with an attack on the poster in any way

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker

Excuse me, Asher would still consider the Wii a paperweight after February

Comment

Originally posted by asleepathewheel

Here's Lost Planet, Xbox 360 vs PS3. Here you can see the raw power the PS3 has put to use.

Comment

Working...
                              X