Nintendo Market Value soars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
    Of course their stock is high; they're making millions off of paperweights.
    A paperweight that is getting an exclusive from Capcom, that, if i read it right was originally going to be a PS3 exclusive. (now I freely admit I know nothing about "monster hunter" and for all I know its trash and will sell ten copies, but it DOES seem to indicate that the Wii's success in hardware IS effecting 3rd party software makers, at least a little bit)
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Monster Hunter is only big in Japan. It sells like Barbie video games elsewhere.

Some people have short memories. I remember when Capcom stirred up all kinds of Nintendo fanboy praises when they announced 4 "Nintendo exclusive" games for the Gamecube like RE4, which promptly ended up being ported to other systems after the fanboys bought copies.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
        Awww, look at little mini-Asher......isn't he cute?

*pats head*

Excuse me, Asher would still consider the Wii a paperweight after February

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
          Monster Hunter is only big in Japan. It sells like Barbie video games elsewhere.
          Well that would confirm what I said to Aggie a while back, the Wii may be irrelevant to the "real consoles" outside Japan, but it may be a threat to PS3 inside Japan.
          "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
            That's pretty much what a Wii is until February.
            what?

Mario Galaxy
            Umbrella Chronicles
            Mercury Meltdown
            Nights 2
            Trauma Center 2
            Link's Crossbow training
            battalion wars 2
            lego starwars
            manhunt 2
            fire emblem
            zack and wiki
            victorious boxers
            bully
            harvey birdman
            ghost squad
            tomb raider anniversary

no, pretty much nothing there until february.

Comment

Some people have short memories. I remember when Capcom stirred up all kinds of Nintendo fanboy praises when they announced 4 "Nintendo exclusive" games for the Gamecube like RE4, which promptly ended up being ported to other systems after the fanboys bought copies.
              so again, when Japan suits your purposes to counter the wii, you post, as in the other thread. When contrary to your views, you downplay it, such as here with Monster Hunter.

Comment

Originally posted by asleepathewheel
                what?

Mario Galaxy
                Umbrella Chronicles
                Mercury Meltdown
                Nights 2
                Trauma Center 2
                Link's Crossbow training
                battalion wars 2
                lego starwars
                manhunt 2
                fire emblem
                zack and wiki
                victorious boxers
                bully
                harvey birdman
                ghost squad
                tomb raider anniversary

no, pretty much nothing there until february.

Are you serious?

Everything you listed there is certifiable crap except for Mario Galaxy. Even that is a pretty tired gameplay-game that'll sell well to Nintendo loyalists only.
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

so again, when Japan suits your purposes to counter the wii, you post, as in the other thread. When contrary to your views, you downplay it, such as here with Monster Hunter.
                  What?

Monster Hunter is a piece of trash. The Japanese like it, for whatever reason, and that's not up for debate is it?

It's absolutely true that Monster Hunter is only big in Japan. What's your problem with bringing that up to someone who clearly has no idea what it is?

Go back to listing crap shovelware like Victorious Boxers and Link's Crossbow Training as great Wii games coming out soon, because you certainly can't debate this with reasoning. Stick to the actual debates or don't post at all, please.

If you want to contest my statement, go right ahead. Please do, in fact.

Comment

Everything you listed there is certifiable crap except for Mario Galaxy.

No. Counterexamples:

Battalion Wars 2 (if it doesn't suck this time)
                    Lego Star Wars (granted, not nearly exclusive)
                    Fire Emblem (kickass)

I don't know much about the others.

Comment

Isn't Fire Emblem using the EXACT same game engine as the Gamecube game?

BW2 looks to be crap from what I've seen. Show otherwise?
                      Lego Star Wars has been played to death on other consoles. It's an old game, doesn't count.
                      Fire Emblem is a GC game with a new story and (literally) identical gameplay.

Comment

Go back to listing crap shovelware like Victorious Boxers and Link's Crossbow Training as great Wii games coming out soon, because you certainly can't debate this with reasoning. Stick to the actual debates or don't post at all, please.

If you want to contest my statement, go right ahead. Please do, in fact.
                        Debate?

I made a list of games that are interesting to me for the end of the year. I wouldn't say many are great, but I'm alright with good with fun gameplay. Isn't that the point of gaming?

Sheesh.

Contest this statement? WTF, seriously.

Comment

Isn't Fire Emblem using the EXACT same game engine as the Gamecube game?

No idea. Kickass even so.

BW2 looks to be crap from what I've seen. Show otherwise?

I haven't seen anything, I just remember that BW1 was a good idea executed horribly (esp. with no MP) and hope it's done decently this time.

Comment

Debate?

I made a list of games that are interesting to me for the end of the year. I wouldn't say many are great, but I'm alright with good with fun gameplay. Isn't that the point of gaming?

Sheesh.

Contest this statement? WTF, seriously.
                            Focus!

You took issue with my Monster Hunter comment, which was perfectly valid. You can either discuss or debate it (eg, "No it the BEST GAME EVER and 100% of Wii owners will cream themselves to be able to play it EXCLUSSISISISIVEL") or you can leave it, but you chose to simply make an ad hominem again.

Comment

Link's Crossbow Training
                              That sounds cool, actually.

Comment

You took issue with my Monster Hunter comment, which was perfectly valid. You can either discuss or debate it (eg, "No it the BEST GAME EVER and 100% of Wii owners will cream themselves to be able to play it EXCLUSSISISISIVEL") or you can leave it, but you chose to simply make an ad hominem again.

My point was that PS3 is losing an exclusive to Nintendo. That MH is only popular in Japan is irrelevant to that, so YOU missed the point.

Now it may be that Nintendo is only direct competion to PS3 in Japan. Thats a possibilty I raised a while ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X