No announcement yet.

Half Life - My reactions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In DrSpike's fantasyland I'm amongst others telling you to talk less about Half-Life. That's not true LotM.
    DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

You'll have to forgive me, it's very easy to misinterpret you with your attitude.

Comment

You people are funny!

"A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
          All fair perceptions I would say. I'm glad you enjoyed it, even if you wont repeat the experience any time soon.

But (hehe) the genre has moved on a bit since HL. You seem to like the tactical element, and a whole subgenre of games has emerged over the last few years that fits the bill. Probably the best known are the Tom Clancy series (Ghost Recon, Splinter Cell, Rainbow Six). You might be able to play some of the earlier games, but I think the more recent games have progressed a lot so maybe when you upgrade you should check these out.
          Rainbow Six came out before HL (Aug vs Nov 98).
          Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
          Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
          One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

You are right - technically I should have just mentioned the Tom Clancy games that came after (i.e all the others!).

However I don't remember the orignal Rainbow Six getting that much exposure, but the later games in the series and other Tom Clancy games certainly did. HL sales were huge (wiki says 8m) and brought many people into the genre, that were then looking for a new FPS outlet. So the argument still stacks up I think.

Comment

Before HL there was Doom.

(And Heretic, and Duke Nukem 3D, and Quake.)
              Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
              Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
              One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

Working...
              X