No announcement yet.

Guess what I bought?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If that is the case, your gaming soul needed to be hit. It seems it could do with a bit of toughening.
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
      If that is the case, your gaming soul needed to be hit. It seems it could do with a bit of toughening.

How so?

Spikey like so many others plays games for a competive sense of achievement. Thats NOT why I play games, and if it was, Id probably somehow make the time to play a TBS or similar in MP, not an FPS in SP.

I play cause A. games are fun B. I might actually learn something Im interested in learning and C. Cause I want to learn something about gaming as an industry and a cultural phenomenon (exploring this is a hobby of mine)

My favorite genres are historically themed strategy games, and citybuilders and related sims, cause A. Theyre fun, to me and B. I sometimes learn something interesting (not just the factoids from EU2, which I could learn elsewhere, but things expressed in the gameplay, how brigade level tactics worked during the American civil war, or what happens during a missed approach while flying a plane)

OTOH playing that narrow band of games limited my learning about gaming in general, C.

I mainly wanted to play HL for C. Im also playing cause some aspects of it are fun - some parts of the story, and some of the tactical puzzles. I think I may also be learning a bit about small unit tactics and combat from the tactical puzzles, though Im guessing HL isnt really the preferred FPS is thats what youre into (but lets leave that to a thread I intend to post after I finish the game) But I dont need to do EVERY jumping puzzle in the game for any of those reasons.
      "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

LotM will go to any lengths to rationalise his treachery.

Comment

"A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark

How so?

Spikey like so many others plays games for a competive sense of achievement. Thats NOT why I play games, and if it was, Id probably somehow make the time to play a TBS or similar in MP, not an FPS in SP.

I play cause A. games are fun B. I might actually learn something Im interested in learning and C. Cause I want to learn something about gaming as an industry and a cultural phenomenon (exploring this is a hobby of mine)

My favorite genres are historically themed strategy games, and citybuilders and related sims, cause A. Theyre fun, to me and B. I sometimes learn something interesting (not just the factoids from EU2, which I could learn elsewhere, but things expressed in the gameplay, how brigade level tactics worked during the American civil war, or what happens during a missed approach while flying a plane)

OTOH playing that narrow band of games limited my learning about gaming in general, C.

I mainly wanted to play HL for C. Im also playing cause some aspects of it are fun - some parts of the story, and some of the tactical puzzles. I think I may also be learning a bit about small unit tactics and combat from the tactical puzzles, though Im guessing HL isnt really the preferred FPS is thats what youre into (but lets leave that to a thread I intend to post after I finish the game) But I dont need to do EVERY jumping puzzle in the game for any of those reasons.
            Bollocks!! People like to kill, maim and destroy, and that's what FPS is all about! Winning, fighting, and enjoying your opponents defeat!
            "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
            "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Originally posted by Traianvs

Bollocks!! People like to kill, maim and destroy, and that's what FPS is all about! Winning, fighting, and enjoying your opponents defeat!
              then what's with all the friggin' jumping puzzles?

Comment

Hehe, who thinks LotM will like the last section of the game?

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark

then what's with all the friggin' jumping puzzles?
                  Immersion! You're walking around in a complex in chaos, invaded by aliens and what not! Otherwise we could all go back to Doom and keep playing that for the rest of our lives
                  "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                  "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Originally posted by Traianvs

Immersion! You're walking around in a complex in chaos, invaded by aliens and what not! Otherwise we could all go back to Doom and keep playing that for the rest of our lives
                    Ive never played Doom. I doubt there are any circumstances in which id be playing it for the rest of my life. I certainly think a certain amount of movement complexity,etc makes sense in context, but many of the jumping puzzles seem to be there to make it in part a jumping game, and in fact detract from the immersion.

Certainly having to reload multiple times detracts from the immersion.

Comment

Then stop sucking.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                          X