No announcement yet.

Team Fortress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The trailer in the original post has left me physically arroused.

Comment

I feel a need to try TF2, but I dont feel like buying it.
      Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Try an internet/gaming cafe...I say its worth it...the classes are amazingly balanced...and funny to boot. There are some some hilarious situations you can end up while being a spy. Like ending up leading a charge against your own CP!
        Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

But it's not released yet? How can an internet café have it?
          "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
          "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

"My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

I LOVED TFC. I'm debating getting this.

How much is it for PC? It better be cheaper than most games, considering it's part of the Orange Box.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

If you buy the Orange Box, you can get all of it for $45 usually. If you just buy Team Fortress 2 through Steam, it's $30. Portal is $20 separately, and Episode 2 is $30 if bought separately.
                Age and treachery will defeat youth and skill every time.

Comment

I'll probably get Orange Box on the Xbox.

Comment

The best deal is just to buy the orange box, even if you have the original Hl2 and ep1. Apart from TF2, Ep2 is to very good standards and portal is one funny 3D puzzle game. Although I breezed through the normal puzzles in about 3 hours it has one of the wittiest game endings i've seen in a long time...Yes, there will be cake...
                    Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Comment

I can now gift Half-Life 2 and Episode 1 as I got the Orange Box (daftly cheaper than buying the bits I need), anyone interested?

Comment

Bought TF2 last night and played for a few hours. I hadn't ever played TF1, nor have I played anything like the Battlefield series. So, this was a new experience for me. Closest thing I can compare it to for me personally was the 5v5 battlefields in WoW.

All in all, I had a blast, even though I didn't really know what I was doing. Scout with a shotgun seemed to be my best class. I would like to play Engineer, but I don't seem to understand the class yet. I also don't understand the first weapon the Medic has - it looks like it shoots hypodermic needles, but does this hurt foes or heal enemies (I ended up just using the second (overcharge) weapon).

Looking forward to playing some more tonight.

Comment

I got TF2 as part of the Orange Box. Easily the best game of the bunch.

I played tons of TFC.
                          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by Kinjiru
                            Bought TF2 last night and played for a few hours. I hadn't ever played TF1, nor have I played anything like the Battlefield series. So, this was a new experience for me. Closest thing I can compare it to for me personally was the 5v5 battlefields in WoW.

All in all, I had a blast, even though I didn't really know what I was doing. Scout with a shotgun seemed to be my best class. I would like to play Engineer, but I don't seem to understand the class yet. I also don't understand the first weapon the Medic has - it looks like it shoots hypodermic needles, but does this hurt foes or heal enemies (I ended up just using the second (overcharge) weapon).

Looking forward to playing some more tonight.
                            The first one does hurt enemies, just not very well. It's particularly humiliating to get killed by a barrage of hypodermic needles.

The 2nd Medic gun is actually supposed to be used as a healing/ubercharge gun. You lock it on a teammate and hold it down to heal, and it'll overcharge their health as well (eg, double it temporarily).

Comment

Engineers can be a bit tricky at the start. Try to tag along with another engineer to see where the good spots are. But don't start building right next to him. Nothing more annoying then seeing two dispensers at the same spot, it serves no purpose. ..

Sentry placement is crucial, never put them in the open and remember they have limited range. Beyond that range they just are sitting ducks for soldiers or snipers. Hell, even a pistol can take down an unguarded sentry from a distance.
                              Sentries can stand on small ledges and in corners and can actually turn around to shoot behind them. It just takes a couple of seconds for the gun to lock on. This can be useful if you want the gun to let loose a few seconds after someone enters the room. Take note that you can also turn turrets with the RMB for better placement.

Teleports are very important for the team, but not always utilized. Which is a shame. When i rush out the door as an engineer I always pluck down an entrance first. You never know where you might find a nice exit point, better to have it up and running straight away.

And always build a dispenser first when on deathmatch!

Comment

One more thing, engineers can be hurt by their own sentry guns so try to stay out of the line of fire.

Comment

Working...
                                X