No announcement yet.

Team Fortress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ugh. Felt like checking what Team Fortress is like and now I'm addicted.
    DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

My mains in TF1 were scout and demo...
      in TFC days I played alot of medic and sniper...
      :-p

Comment

well I was going to buy Ep2 anyway and with dollar/euro as it is, probably cheaper to buy the orange box anyway. Had a couple of goes this sunday and the game balance is excellent. Games are short and you can immediately join in and the overall number of players is balanced over both sides.

No class is superior in TF2 to one another although you could say engineers and medics form the "backbone" of any force. Without them you'll loose eventually.

In fact, in one my tries we where completely pinned down by soldiers and demomen and i had no idea until i realized we didn't have medics! Otherwise we could have broken through with overcharge but later on on i got revenge with a group of engineers where we had to defend 2 points. We rushed to the furthest point and while the others set up dispenser points and turrets I first set an teleport link in a closeby building but faraway enough from the action to not get noticed. after that I joined in the turret fun. From that point on it was a race to repair and keep those turrets running plus keeping the spies at bay with their camouflage & sabotage attack. Luckiliy i had set up that teleport and the engineers just kept rushing in.
        Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

P.S

One hint, when you're suspecting spies just shoot them or better yet whack 'em with the wrench, shovel etc...
          Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Comment

My favourite in TFC is Pyro. While it's not providing you easily with lots of kills, its rocket launcher is extremely effective to disperse the enemy or hold him back entirely. You don't need a direct hit to cause to damage and the fact you don't have to reload allows to randomly fire barrages at points where they (may) show up. Maximum mayhem guaranteed in crowded spaces.
            Last edited by Colonâ„¢; September 23, 2007, 21:10.
            DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Pyro-rocket Launcher? Don't you mean the soldier?

Personally, I'm taking a liking to the engineer. With a strategically set dispenser point, sentry gun, teleporter (most players seem to forget or ignore the strategic advantage of a teleporter, got over 25 teleports with mine) an engineer can turn the tide of battle. Downside is you don't get much action kills. Although whacking spies can be fun.

Comment

I'm talking about TFC, Team Fortress Classic.

Comment

Sorry, though it was about TF2.

Comment

I've been in the beta since last week and have been having a grand ol' time Great, frenetic action, and the balance seems pretty good (except for Heavies with medics blocking hallways, which are damn near impossible to root out )
                    I make movies. Come check 'em out.

Comment

i hear TF2 is not gonna have medic conc jumps. Now this cant be because people are complaining about reality, cause this game isnt about realism at all.

What gives? looooong ago Snipers also had a 'jump' in where a buddy would climb on top of you and jump at the last min when you released your charged shot at him and that was taken out too. Is this all an attempt to make the Soldier's Rocket Jump that special? (judging by the trailer, the soldier still retains the rocket jump technique)
                      :-p

Comment

Yes, Soldiers and Demomen are the only ones who can use a concussion jump. Although if you coordinate with a demoman's sticky mines you could probably make it work with the other classes. Would be helpful for engineers to get to those normally unreachable places.

Comment

ZargonX, btw what servers do you play on? Maybe we can team up.

Comment

Cap, I jump around from server to server, hitting whatever is open/low ping. My nick is ZargonX, so I should be easy to spot
                            I make movies. Come check 'em out.

Comment

I tend to hang out on European servers.

My Steam nick is CapTVK, sometimes spotting is all too easy

Comment

This game looks really promising. Usually I find team-based shooters a bit boring, but this just might provide me some good ole fashioned crazy carnage that is all too absent in shooters nowadays
                                "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                                "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Working...
                                X