Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Football Sim (that's "soccer" to you colonial types)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Football Sim (that's "soccer" to you colonial types)

Any votes?

For live action football, it's a choice between WE10/PES5 and the latest FIFA endorsed EA title.

FIFA has all the endorsements and many more licensed teams. However, I think the actual gameplay is fairly poor. It's OK, but the result doesn't end up looking or feeling much like real football. Whereas with WE10 you can pull off some really sweet passing moves.

WE/PES is a stellar game, but lacks endorsements from many major teams, including the English Premier League. In past editions you were able to remedy this by altering strips and playernames, but the latest version has locked the fake strips, which sucks. I might go back to WE9, where you can still change the stuff.

As for management: Football manager (what used to be championship manager) is still the best IMHO. I've taken to playing the PSP version, which is awesome when you are sitting on a bus or a plane, or bored at a coffee shop.

Under my careful stewardship Rochdale are on course to win promotion to the first division!!!
    Only feebs vote.

PES2007 lets you change stuff
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
      PES2007 lets you change stuff
      I guess I should have got that version instead of WE 10. It allows you to change names, but not logos or strips.
      Only feebs vote.

Comment

There's only one football game - Pro Evo. Fifa is a disgrace barely worth more than your average Sims x-pack.

Comment

The 360 version of PES is particularly lacking in editing features, not to mention the horrible crime of no saveable replays

Speaking of replays, heres one that earned me £50 last month, not that good, but neither was the competition http://www.consolegoals.com/view_vid...090ed070b44f1a

The best FIFA-based game I've played is the latest Champions League. Even there though some of the animation is jerky, and player movement is stupid at times. The keepers are good though, only thing I'd replace in PES game play wise.
          Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
          CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
          One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Originally posted by Maquiladora

Speaking of replays, heres one that earned me £50 last month, not that good, but neither was the competition http://www.consolegoals.com/view_vid...090ed070b44f1a
            Sweet goal man.

Wish I could do that.

I'm more of the goalmouth scramble type.
            Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
              There's only one football game - Pro Evo. Fifa is a disgrace barely worth more than your average Sims x-pack.
              QFT
              "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon

Sweet goal man.

Wish I could do that.

I'm more of the goalmouth scramble type.
                They all count.

Best way is to keep using "play again retry" in training until you can hit it perfect.

A good one is to cross it in to a man in space, chest it up high with R1 and overhead or volley it. Or an easier version, just cross/high pass it in and head it to another man in space, it'll drop at the perfect height and speed for volleying a lot of the time.
                Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

How to export replays as videos?
                  THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES

Comment

PES6 is the best, but the keyboard controls are really annoying, especially the through lob is nigh impossible to pull of properly, while the AI employs it constantly (and scores a lot of goals with it).
                    It pisses me off that they can't develop a better PC version. The menus, graphics, layout, controls are all teh suck. The gameplay's nice, but I always have the impression the AI teamplay is automatically 10 times better than mine. The AI always has a free man for example...
                    And for some reason I can't use the default players in master league, I am forced to use the noob PES players!

Originally posted by LordShiva
                    How to export replays as videos?
                    Play the replay and record it with Fraps.

Speaking of replays, heres one that earned me £50 last month, not that good, but neither was the competition http://www.consolegoals.com/view_vi...a090ed070b44f1a
                    How the f!

Here's a few goals I scored in a match. That keeper's awful
                    "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                    "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

but the keyboard controls are really annoying
                      I use an adapter and PS2 pad, I daren't even try the keyboard.

And for some reason I can't use the default players in master league, I am forced to use the noob PES players!
                      You should be able to start one with match mode (default) players, or pick your own squad too.

Here's a few goals I scored in a match. That keeper's awful
                      Who is that? Reminds me of the default master league GK, he is terrible.

Comment

Here's one of my replays. I must have messed up when converting teh 1 gig FRAPS capture with VirtualDub, though

Comment

Still processing

Comment

That's a decent goal LS

Here's the ref denying me an obvious penalty earlier, and then not giving the goal due to 1mm of the ball not going over the line, despite it hitting the side netting...

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X