No announcement yet.

Free Colonization!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just checked with the original game. On the highest level, penalties start with the 6th colonist, meaning you can have 5 "Tory" colonists with no penalty. The second highest difficulty allowed you 6 working colonists before problems ie: the 7th brought penalties.

Regarding military, you can also give horses to your soldiers to make them dragoons. As well as making them faster and better units, they also give you the advantage of being able to lose twice before you are unarmed. The first loss destroys the horses, the second destroys the muskets. As horses are much easier to produce (just have lots of excess food and a stable) than muskets, you can base your military off replenishing horses and do well.
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Yeah, and horses in 'storage' breed IIRC.

Comment

How does training/education work? I can put the skilled workers in the Schoolhouse, but how are the non-skilled workers then?
        <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
        Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

the way it worked in the original is that you needed the unskilled workers doing something in the town. keep in mind that not every skill position is available for teaching in a mere school house, you made need to build the college or even the university.

Comment

Ok, so i take it i dont have control over which worker gets trained? For example if i put a farmer in the schoolhouse, is it only units that are currently farming that will be trained, or can anyone be trained regardless of their activity?
            <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.

Comment

From the original, anyone can be trained regardless of what they are doing. The only way to have control over it is by having only skilled workers and a non-skilled unit you want trained. Otherwise it randomly picks from untrained, or either prisoner-type workers.
              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

QFT.

Comment

What about relations/diplomacy? Anyway i can negotiate peace treaties while not being independent yet.

Comment

If memory serves right, in the original that worked by sending a scout (man+horses) into an enemy city (not sure if it has to be the capital, probably not) and ask to talk to the authorities.

Comment

A new version has been uploaded for those interested
                      Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Working...
                      X